National Boards > Traffic Control

Guess the 2di Challenge

(1/323) > >>

SkyPesos:
Mostly similar rules to the Guess the Bridge, Speed limit and State challenges...
- Someone posts a picture of somewhere on a 2 digit number interstate highway, and the rest of the people try to guess which interstate it is.
- If you guess incorrectly, you have to wait at least 12 hours or when the next image is posted (whichever comes first) before guessing again.
- The person that guesses correctly gets to post the next picture. If that person doesn't post an image within 24 hours after getting the reply that they guessed correctly, anyone can post an image.
- If the pictured highway is concurrent between multiple numbers, only one of the numbers is needed to count. For example, if a image of I-39/90/94 is posted, and someone guesses I-90, they get to post the next picture.
- You can post a concurrency between a 2di and the 3di, but only the 2di number will be up for guesses.
- You don't have to specify which segment for discontinuous interstates. So "I-88" can refer to both the one in Illinois and the one in New York.
- You don't have to guess which state the interstate highway is in (even for discontinuous interstates), and there won't be any reward for doing so.
- If your entry havenít been correctly guessed after 24 hours, you have to reveal which Forum Region (Ohio Valley, Mid South, Pacific Southwest, etc) it is in.

I'll start with a 3di first digit 1-3...

Changelog:
- Changed the required specifications to include the census region the interstate is in. My entry is the only exception to this, as it was done before the change.
- Removed 3dis from eligibility here (as they're mostly all the same looking generic suburban freeways) to make the game flow better, and removed census regions. Mine and Webny99's first entry are the only exceptions to this.

Scott5114:
I-271?

It might make the game more interesting to limit it to photos taken by the user, since I'm sure we've all taken a photo of an Interstate at some point.

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on September 10, 2021, 07:17:10 PM ---I-271?

It might make the game more interesting to limit it to photos taken by the user, since I'm sure we've all taken a photo of an Interstate at some point.

--- End quote ---
Nope

I'll play out this game for a bit before adding/relaxing the rules. Regarding limiting the pictures, maybe that could be implemented later, but I think some people (including myself) take far more pictures focused of road signs on an interstate than the road itself, and it would be sort of hard to use those pictures in this game without some of the surroundings, assuming you blur our whatever is on the sign of course.

webny99:
OK, I-295?

(There's multiple I-295's, so I guess in this case if I'm correct, I would get credit regardless of which I-295 it is?)

SkyPesos:

--- Quote from: webny99 on September 10, 2021, 07:34:13 PM ---OK, I-295?

(There's multiple I-295's, so I guess in this case if I'm correct, I would get credit regardless of which I-295 it is?)

--- End quote ---
Nope

(And yea, you would get credit regardless of which I-295 it is.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version