Busiest intersection in your town/city/metro area

Started by thspfc, October 23, 2021, 02:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftballfan

In the Grand Rapids area, the busiest has to be 28th St (M-11) and East Beltline Ave (M-37). It's very close to Woodland Mall and besides that, there's a large strip mall (CenterPointe) nearby and Chick-fil-A and Lowe's are on opposite corners. This intersection is so busy that each left turn movement has two left turn lanes!

Declan127

In NYC proper, I'd have to say that I really don't know. Woodhaven and Queens Blvds is pretty busy, as is Beach 116th Street and Beach Channel Drive (both in Queens)
Imma New Yoikah, fuggedaboudit!

OCGuy81

Bend's is probably a traffic circle at Reed Market and Bond St. It constantly has tourist traffic for the Old Mill District.

CapeCodder

Quote from: Declan127 on December 10, 2021, 08:12:56 PM
In NYC proper, I'd have to say that I really don't know. Woodhaven and Queens Blvds is pretty busy, as is Beach 116th Street and Beach Channel Drive (both in Queens)

I've heard that Queens Blvd is nicknamed the "Boulevard of Death"

doorknob60

Quote from: OCGuy81 on December 10, 2021, 08:22:01 PM
Bend's is probably a traffic circle at Reed Market and Bond St. It constantly has tourist traffic for the Old Mill District.

Not to mention it's somewhat of a bottleneck in Bend's street network, even if the Old Mill wasn't there. Reed Market Rd is the farthest south Deschutes River crossing in Bend, so any traffic from south of there that needs to cross the river is likely going to use that bridge (or still be forced through it, eg. using the Columbia St bridge which I often did). I lived in SW Bend off of Brookswood, and I went to middle and high school on the other side of the river, so I was almost forced through that roundabout on a daily basis.

That said, I always thought the light at Reed Market and 3rd St was worse than that roundabout. I would sometimes go way out of my way to avoid that, like going south to Knott Rd to bypass most of the city to get to the NE side. There's lots of bad spots in Bend, really. The signals on 97 in the north part of Bend are some more low hanging fruit.

Even though I live in Boise which is a much bigger city than Bend, traffic is generally not nearly as bad on a daily basis as when I lived in Bend. The worst Boise traffic is worse than the worst Bend traffic (most of the worse "Boise traffic" is in Meridian), but on average Bend is probably worse. Every time I go back and visit Bend, that confirms my feelings on that.

hobsini2

Quote from: Big John on October 23, 2021, 03:56:49 PM
Green Bay: Likely Mason St (WI 54) and Military Ave.  Other possibility is Mason St and Hinkle St - Higher count for Mason St but missing traffic count on Hinkle St. at that intersection.  The Wisconsin traffic count map has a count but most of the traffic has left Hinkle St. at that point.
Unless it's during a Packers pregame. Lombardi and Military or Oneida then.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

hobsini2

Bolingbrook's busiest is either Route 53 and Boughton Rd or Weber Rd and Boughton Rd.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

mgk920

I'm not sure on the entire metro area,but for the City of Appleton, WI it is Ballard Rd (Outagamie County 'E')/Northland Ave (Outagamie County 'OO'/ex US 41) on the city's northeast side.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.