News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Abstract Road Photography

Started by formulanone, April 13, 2022, 10:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Sometimes our hobby is fascinated with specifics, so share your favorite abstract and less-specific shots in our hobby...

I-95 at night, with no focus:

Wavy road surface:

Sign cracking:

Max Rockatansky

The US Route 101 of happiness:

101USd by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

kurumi

There's a state highway marker somewhere in that pic (link to Flickr page). It was 30 minutes before sunset, in a moving jeep, and the camera was like, "this is the best I can do for ya"
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

1995hoo

I just happened to get very lucky in looking out the window a few minutes ago. That's the Moki Dugway from 32,000 feet. South is to the top left–the Valley of the Gods Bed and Breakfast is visible at the bottom of the cliffs. The Dugway is on the left side and the dirt road running across to the right is the road to Muley Point.

Edited to add another. The Dugway is right in the middle just above the window reflection.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

formulanone

Fresh-Picked Construction Zone Lighting

I pulled up to my hotel one night and saw these in a work vehicle, still lit up.

adventurernumber1

This photo was taken on I-16 Westbound a little bit west of I-95. I suspect I was trying to take a picture of the green sign on the left side of the picture, but it remains indecipherable.
iPhone
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.