News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Highway NOT entering your home state on which you have clinched the most mileage

Started by NWI_Irish96, May 21, 2022, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

I-40 is my 4th most traveled route overall, but 1st among routes that don't enter Indiana at 1694 miles.

For US highways, it's US 85 at 458 miles.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

cl94

Unless you want to count every state I have ever lived in as a "home state", my winner would be I-70, which I have clinched. Does not enter my home state or my state of birth.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Max Rockatansky

Depends on what you mean by "home state."   If you mean the place I was born and mostly grew up then it would be I-10 which isn't anywhere close to Michigan.  If you mean where I live now then I-75 given it is nowhere near California.  I would say I-95 but that has been retroactively un-clinched given the gap was resolved. 

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 21, 2022, 07:01:03 PM
I-40 is my 4th most traveled route overall, but 1st among routes that don't enter Indiana at 1694 miles.

I-40 is the winner here for me as well.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 21, 2022, 07:05:53 PM
Depends on what you mean by "home state."   If you mean the place I was born and mostly grew up then it would be I-10 which isn't anywhere close to Michigan.  If you mean where I live now then I-75 given it is nowhere near California.  I would say I-95 but that has been retroactively un-clinched given the gap was resolved. 

I guess by home state I mean any state you lived in for a significant amount of time since being old enough to drive. I'll leave it to each individual to determine what "significant" is.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Big John

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 21, 2022, 07:12:14 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 21, 2022, 07:05:53 PM

I guess by home state I mean any state you lived in for a significant amount of time since being old enough to drive. I'll leave it to each individual to determine what "significant" is.

By that definition it would be Arizona given 13 years of my adult life were spent there.  That would get pretty interesting if I couldn't factor some pre-license clinch mileage I had as a passenger for I-75 and I-95.  Factoring all that my overall answer would be US 101 given it doesn't enter Arizona and I clinched it post licensing age.  CA 1 would be the clear winner out of the State Routes and I-20 would be for the Interstates. 

oscar

Not just "home state" but "home country" -- the main Trans-Canada Highway route, 3878 miles clinched, plus a short ~3 mile gap in Quebec created by the project in progress to complete Autoroute 85.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

LilianaUwU

I clinched the entirety of TCH 2 in New Brunswick at 515 km (320 miles). This is actually my longest clinch, period. While the Trans-Canada Highway does enter Québec, NB 2 doesn't.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

SkyPesos

For me, it's I-55, with 465 miles:
- I-240 to I-57 (145 miles)
- US 67 to I-255/270 (22 miles)
- I-44 to US 41 (298 miles)

Might be cheating here a bit, as I used to live in the St Louis area, a city on I-55's route. But based on my current home state, it's the case for me.

M3100

Home state California

Clinched Highway with most mileage that does not enter the state: Alaska I-A3, 146.77 miles.
Most miles on a highway that is not in the state: 1171 miles of I-90.

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jp the roadgeek

Overall: I-90 from US 219 in the Buffalo area to I-93 in Boston (only drove from I-88 east to I-93).

Driving:

Almost a dead heat between I-90 and I-87* at around 180 miles. My I-87 includes I-278 to I-84, then NY 28 to Northway Exit 22 (passenger to the Canadian border.

I use an asterisk here because at one time, I-87 did enter my home state when it was routed on what is now I-684.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

SEWIGuy

I have lived all but two years of my life in Wisconsin - those two were spent in Indiana.  My guesses...

If you include Indiana as a "home state"...

I-75, US-101

If you do not include Indiana...

I-65, US-20

7/8

akotchi

I have lived in Pennsylvania and Maryland, and I work in New Jersey, so I would exclude that state as well.

I-40 is my winner, by far, as I have clinched every mile east of the I-30/I-40 interchange outside of Little Rock.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

dlsterner

Most traveled which misses Maryland - I-75

Honorable mention - Just a few miles behind I-75 would be TH 1 (Iceland), most traveled which not only misses my home state, but my home country.

(Only routes I have more mileage than I-75 are I-95 and I-81, but those two - as we know - go through Maryland)

Flint1979

74/171FAN

Counting VA, PA, and NC (I had an internship with NCDOT in Summer 2013) as home states:

I:  Definitely I-10.  I have it clinched from AZ 85 west of Phoenix to I-20 in west Texas, and then from I-110 in Baton Rouge to its eastern end at I-95 in Jacksonville.
US:  US 380.  Clinched from its western end at I-25 to FM 926 (just east of TX 251).
State:  OH 18.  Clinched on the way to the Quad Cities Meet last summer.  (Thankfully it beats IL 110...)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Hobart

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. I also go to college in Milwaukee, so those are my home states.

I'd say the longest is Interstate 65 from its interchange with the Indiana Toll Road to its interchange with Alabama 113 in the south end of the state is the road (about 820 miles).

The longest state highway is the entire length of M-28 (290 miles) in Michigan's upper peninsula.

Honestly, most of the US highways I've been on for any appreciable length of time end up in Illinois, so I don't remember well enough to get an accurate measurement.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

cl94

Quote from: cl94 on May 21, 2022, 07:05:25 PM
Unless you want to count every state I have ever lived in as a "home state", my winner would be I-70, which I have clinched. Does not enter my home state or my state of birth.

To include non-Interstates...

US: US 40
State: Nebraska Route 2
Canada: ON 401
Europe: E5
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

michravera

Quote from: cabiness42 on May 21, 2022, 07:01:03 PM

As a driver, my answer is likely I-35 at a paltry 43 miles. Although I have basically driven every main road on the island of Saint Martin (being in different countries, it has different names). I would have guessed US-95, but it does enter California in an area that I have never had much occasion to travel as a driver.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.