News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Roadmeets in Kentucky

Started by ronaldlee11, May 11, 2014, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldlee11

Is anybody going to host any road enthusiasts meetings in any part of Kentucky later on in the year?

hbelkins

At the moment, I don't have anything on the radar screen.

I had thought about doing one in Louisville in early June, but opted not to because I won't be attending a conference that would have been held Wednesday-Friday of that week.

I've been giving some thought to doing one in the Lexington area, but that may wait until next year until work on the KY 4/US 421 interchange (to convert it into a diverging diamond) is underway.

I've also thought about doing one in Western Kentucky that would focus on construction of the new Eggners Ferry (US 68/KY 80) bridge across Kentucky Lake (and getting to drive the replacement section of the span that is in place of the part that got knocked down by an overheight ship a couple of years ago) and the work on the Western Kentucky/Pennyrile interchange to accommodate the I-69 mainline. I may have to do that this fall, since it's on an accelerated schedule and is supposed to be finished next May.

If I get desperate to do one and don't have any other options, I could always go back to Somerset, where I did one in 2007. The easternmost part of the KY 914 bypass is going to be widened to four lanes under a design-build contract, and we could always see the results of all the work that was going on when I hosted it.

At any rate, I will certainly post any meets I do host well in advance so people can plan their trips -- unless I do something semi-spur of the moment like Pikeville last fall.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

You have asked this question FAR too many times. Stop pestering us. Roadmeets are announced when they happen. Continuing to ask the same question repeatedly will lead to sanctions by the moderating staff.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.