News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Impromptu Springfield MO Meet?

Started by US71, April 17, 2015, 08:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I am stuck in Springfield, MO for a few days (my mom passed away yesterday). Anyone for an informal get together Saturday (18th). I've not has lots of time to figure out what to see, but there is the "Death Diamond" under construction on US 65 at Battlefield Rd, and a couple old alignments of 65 in the area.

If no one is interested, I may see what kind of trouble I can get into on my own  :evilgrin:

If it rains, then I'll probably stay at my mom's apartment and pack.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

Sorry about your mother's loss. FWIW, a road meet can be good therapy. The 2010 Akron, Ohio meet was the day after my dad was buried.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US71

Quote from: hbelkins on April 17, 2015, 12:21:31 PM
Sorry about your mother's loss. FWIW, a road meet can be good therapy. The 2010 Akron, Ohio meet was the day after my dad was buried.

I got pics of a couple old railroad bridges the other day. I've been on the go for 3 weeks and took a break one evening.  As long as I'm here, I figure there's probably some stuff I've still not seen.

cjk374

My condolences for your loss US71.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

jpi

Sorry for your loss :-( unfortunetly I am working tomorrow. Prayers for you and your family.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Scott5114

Sorry for your loss. As for what to see in Springfield, the obvious choice is the MO-13/I-44 DDI, the first DDI in the US. Other than that, there's not too much out of the ordinary up there. The James River and Schoolcraft (US-65) freeways are worth looking at, at least, and there's lots of nice truss arm signals in town, but that's really it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 17, 2015, 07:51:24 PM
Sorry for your loss. As for what to see in Springfield, the obvious choice is the MO-13/I-44 DDI, the first DDI in the US. Other than that, there's not too much out of the ordinary up there. The James River and Schoolcraft (US-65) freeways are worth looking at, at least, and there's lots of nice truss arm signals in town, but that's really it.

Sunset at Fort Ave is sort of interesting: N-S traffic (Fort) has 2 sets of signals

https://maps.yahoo.com/place/?lat=37.16599161493211&lon=-93.30876633524895&q=Springfield%2C%20MO&t=h&bb=37.16675895%2C-93.3105956%2C37.16522428%2C-93.30693975&addr=Springfield%2C%20MO&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&fr2=piv-web&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001&p=200%20west%20sunset%20springfield%20missouri

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.