News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2015 Long Island Road Meet

Started by dgolub, June 05, 2015, 09:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dates are good for you?

October 10-11
11 (84.6%)
October 17-18
1 (7.7%)
October 24-25
1 (7.7%)
October 31-November 1
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: noelbotevera on July 28, 2015, 11:29:17 PM
Oh yeah, by the way this is my 1st road meet, so I am really unfamiliar with how it goes.

It's pretty simple :) the host plans everything out and you more or less just follow the itinerary provided.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Laura

I wanted to go to this, but unfortunately my midterms are following week, with a huge group project due on Monday the 12th. Needless to say, I will be unable to attend because I'll be at school for most of the weekend.

froggie

Meanwhile, because of events that will be taking place during the week prior, I will also be unable to attend.

Dougtone

oscar

Here are the best I could do with the group photos on both days of the meet.

^ These two photos were taken at Fort Totten Park, with the Throgs Neck Bridge (I-295) in the background, on day 1. The first photo has the better bridge view and nobody not in our group, but doesn't have me. The second photo has our whole group, but other people in the shot too, one of whom (right behind Valerie) could not be cropped out. From left to right in the second photo: David Golub (NY, day 1 meet organizer), C. Patrick Zilliacus (MD), Valerie Deane (NY), Doug Kerr (NY), William Roll (PA), Anthony Costanzo (NY), Alyssa Torres (NY), Oscar Voss (VA).

^ This day 2 photo was taken at Smith Point County Park, at the south end of CR 46. The park is near the east end of Fire Island (one of only two road-accessible parts of the island), and where the Ocean Parkway would have ended had the parkway been built all the way across the island from the Robert Moses Causeway. From left to right: Oscar Voss, David Golub, Doug Kerr (day 2 meet organizer), Valerie Deane, William Roll, Dan Murphy (NY), C. Patrick Zilliacus.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

signalman

Great photos!  I really wanted to attend both days, but I recently started a new job and I have to work most weekends.  I decided that I would have been pushing it asking for time off since I started less than 2 months ago.  So, instead, I opted to bow out.  Oh well, there will be other meets, and I look forward to attending several in 2016.

jpi

Nice pics, looks like nice weather for the meet :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

vdeane

"_____ (NY?)" is Dan Murphy, aka roadwaywiz on YouTube.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

PHLBOS

Quote from: vdeane on October 14, 2015, 03:35:50 PM
"_____ (NY?)" is Dan Murphy, aka roadwaywiz on YouTube.
And he is indeed from NY.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Duke87

Holy hell at my face in the first photo. I had no idea I could look that scary while attempting to look silly. :-D
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

vdeane

And Will Roll is indeed from PA.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.