News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Tulsa meet

Started by bugo, January 09, 2010, 09:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

The fact that OK's weather is so unstable that they mention snow and a high of 41 in the same forecast is amusing to me.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

Last call.  If you are attending PM me for directions.  The weather is fine, a bit cloudy but no rain.  Otherwise I'll see everyone in about 2 hours.

US71

Damn, that was fun.  But the 20 hour day almost killed me.  :ded:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

Quote from: US71 on February 23, 2010, 10:06:17 AM
Damn, that was fun.  But the 20 hour day almost killed me.  :ded:

fudge, I missed it!  Was driving from Austin to Tucumcari.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Well, we didn't see many old, old signs, despite following tons of old US 64 in Pawnee County, but I do have something I'll be sending along for the shield gallery soon.

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 23, 2010, 11:04:56 AM
Well, we didn't see many old, old signs, despite following tons of old US 64 in Pawnee County, but I do have something I'll be sending along for the shield gallery soon.

Nothing really "old, old", but I was a trifle surprised by all the circle/capsule signs still out there (such as OK 108)

Scott5114

Seems like the part of the state we visited has more than the standard amount. This was the first time in a while I've seen so many!

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 23, 2010, 03:22:35 PM
Seems like the part of the state we visited has more than the standard amount. This was the first time in a while I've seen so many!

I found a few for OK 165 along the Muskogee Turnpike, as well. Only had time for one pic, though.  Also saw one at the airport for OK 11.

Alps

Had a blast meeting all of y'all, especially after that many days of driving.  I'm too exhausted to finish my writeup.

bugo

Thanks to everyone for coming.  I hope everyone had a good time.

hbelkins

Quote from: bugo on February 23, 2010, 06:05:04 PM
Thanks to everyone for coming.  I hope everyone had a good time.

Someone needs to give us a full report! I sat in a pool of potential jurors all day only to not have my name called from the pool of 32 for the final 14.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

corco

Just got back.

That was a ton of fun- glad to have met you all!

bugo

Glad you had a good time and made it home safely, David.  Thanks for coming and bringing a sixer of Abbey, my favorite brew, which you can't get in Oklahoma!

bugo

Quote from: US71 on February 23, 2010, 03:35:37 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on February 23, 2010, 03:22:35 PM

I found a few for OK 165 along the Muskogee Turnpike, as well.

Only had time for one pic, though.  Also saw one at the airport for OK 11.

There are several circle 11's near the airport, including one painted on the pavement.  There's also a bubble I-244 shield.

bugo

Quote from: US71 on February 23, 2010, 11:27:33 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on February 23, 2010, 11:04:56 AM

Nothing really "old, old", but I was a trifle surprised by all the circle/capsule signs still out there (such as OK 108)

I'm guessing this sign dates to the 1960s when Keystone Lake was created:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.