News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Reminder - Baltimore Road Meet - April 17

Started by Alps, April 02, 2010, 06:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

froggie

QuoteHere is one with me not hidden:

And with most of us looking in a different direction...

oscar

And here's my tripod shot of most of the post-meet tour group, taken just before sunset at the under-construction MD 200 (Inter-County Connector)/MD 97 (Georgia Ave.) interchange:

I'm the one on the right, with the hideously pasty legs -- I definitely need to get some more sun.  The others are, from left to right, Jason Ilyes, Steve Alpert, Laura Bianca, and Mike Pruett.

Plus, most of the meet group, at the restaurant:

Front row, from left to right:  Larry Harvilla, Adam Froehlig, Brian Reynolds, Jason Ilyes, Brian Rawson-Ketchum, Oscar Voss, Steve Alpert.
Back row, from left to right:  Adam Moss, Jake Reynolds (Brian's son), Mike Tantillo, Steve Anderson, Nick Klissas, Anthony Costanzo, A.J. Bertin, Scott Davis, Seth Dunn, Jeff Davis (Scott's father), Dave Souza (?), Michael Gronseth, Laura Bianca, Ian Ligget, Mike Pruett, Al Kotchi, Brian Powell, Patrick Arndt, Stephanie Taylor.

added extra names identified below, since I have the secret power to modify posts
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Alps

I'll do a formal writeup tomorrow.  I'm counting 26 people in those photos so that'll be the official meet total.  I'll do my best to ID everyone but if I miss one or two, you guys I'm sure can help me out.

Ian

Another thing I liked about the meet, was getting all of those highway maps. I think I developed a new hobby  :colorful:
Youtube l Flickr

froggie

QuoteI'm counting 26 people in those photos so that'll be the official meet total.  I'll do my best to ID everyone but if I miss one or two, you guys I'm sure can help me out.

Recall that there were people who did not take part in the group photo (Jason Ilyes' wife, for example...his nephew isn't visible either).  The head count I did inside the restaurant counted 29.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: froggie on April 18, 2010, 10:29:37 PM
QuoteI'm counting 26 people in those photos so that'll be the official meet total.  I'll do my best to ID everyone but if I miss one or two, you guys I'm sure can help me out.

Recall that there were people who did not take part in the group photo (Jason Ilyes' wife, for example...his nephew isn't visible either).  The head count I did inside the restaurant counted 29.

Yeah I counted 26 myself in the photos itself.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

rawmustard

rawmustard

Quote from: oscar on April 18, 2010, 09:21:46 PM

Front row, from left to right:  Larry Harvilla, Adam Froehlig, Brian Reynolds, Jason Ilyes, Brian Rawson-Ketchum, Oscar Voss, Steve Alpert.
Back row, from left to right:  Adam Moss, Jake Reynolds, Mike Tantillo, ____, ____, Brian Polidoro (?), A.J. Bertin, Scott Davis, Seth Dunn, ____, ____, Michael Gronseth, Laura Bianca, Ian Ligget, Mike Pruett, ____, Brian Powell, Patrick Arndt, Stephanie Taylor (sorry I'm missing many names in the back row for now, will try to fill in later).

I filled in a few more blanks. I'm thinking by process of elimination, we could ID the rest.

Duke87

Filling in another blank and making a correction:
QuoteFront row, from left to right:  Larry Harvilla, Adam Froehlig, Brian Reynolds, Jason Ilyes, Brian Rawson-Ketchum, Oscar Voss, Steve Alpert.
Back row, from left to right:  Adam Moss, Jake Reynolds, Mike Tantillo, Steve Anderson, ____, Anthony Costanzo, A.J. Bertin, Scott Davis, Seth Dunn, ____, ____, Michael Gronseth, Laura Bianca, Ian Ligget, Mike Pruett, ____, Brian Powell, Patrick Arndt, Stephanie Taylor (sorry I'm missing many names in the back row for now, will try to fill in later).

(Anthony Costanzo = me)
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

agentsteel53

excellent!

I've gone and edited the caption in the post that has the photo itself, and will do so whenever someone fills in another blank.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

akotchi

Quote from: Duke87 on April 25, 2010, 07:07:51 PM
QuoteFront row, from left to right:  Larry Harvilla, Adam Froehlig, Brian Reynolds, Jason Ilyes, Brian Rawson-Ketchum, Oscar Voss, Steve Alpert.
Back row, from left to right:  Adam Moss, Jake Reynolds, Mike Tantillo, Steve Anderson, (first name is Nick, did not catch the last name), Anthony Costanzo, A.J. Bertin, Scott Davis, Seth Dunn, ____, ____, Michael Gronseth, Laura Bianca, Ian Ligget, Mike Pruett, Al Kotchi, Brian Powell, Patrick Arndt, Stephanie Taylor (sorry I'm missing many names in the back row for now, will try to fill in later).

(Anthony Costanzo = me)

I have identified myself and the first name of one of the guys I rode with -- quote modified to unbold previous new information and bold information I added.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

agentsteel53

great! So now we have two complete unknowns, and one waving gentleman without a last name.  We're almost done!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

oscar

Quote from: Duke87 on April 25, 2010, 07:07:51 PM
Back row, from left to right:  Adam Moss, Jake Reynolds, Mike Tantillo, Steve Anderson, ____, Anthony Costanzo, A.J. Bertin, Scott Davis, Seth Dunn, ____, ____, Michael Gronseth, Laura Bianca, Ian Ligget, Mike Pruett, ____, Brian Powell, Patrick Arndt, Stephanie Taylor (sorry I'm missing many names in the back row for now, will try to fill in later).

(Anthony Costanzo = me)

Thanks.  I think Brian Polidoro was there, and if so was most likely where I've moved him above (from where you are, which is where I had him), but I could be wrong on both counts.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

rawmustard

Quote from: oscar on April 26, 2010, 02:23:13 PM
Thanks.  I think Brian Polidoro was there, and if so was most likely where I've moved him above (from where you are, which is where I had him), but I could be wrong on both counts.

Polidoro already posted on MTR that he didn't make it. But I do know both Ian Ligget's and Scott Davis's fathers are in the pic, but I won't be so bold as to say which is which.

yanksfan6129

Jeff Davis (my father) is to the right of Seth Dunn.

yanksfan6129

rawmustard

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on April 26, 2010, 02:47:59 PM
Ian's father is not in the photo.

D'oh! I think the next time I host a meet, I'll be sure to provide a sign-in sheet (especially if it approaches 30).

Alps

Ah, we're down to the one dude who came late who never RSVPed and I never talked to.

Ian

Quote from: rawmustard on April 26, 2010, 03:26:47 PM
Quote from: yanksfan6129 on April 26, 2010, 02:47:59 PM
Ian's father is not in the photo.

D'oh! I think the next time I host a meet, I'll be sure to provide a sign-in sheet (especially if it approaches 30).

Correct, my father was one of the guys taking the group pic.

PS: sorry if my dad's truck blocked any road photos taken between stops  :cool:
Youtube l Flickr

corco

I suppose the million dollar question for those of us not at the meet is:

Alps, why is there a frog on you head?

:-P

SSOWorld

Quote from: corco on April 27, 2010, 02:25:25 PM
I suppose the million dollar question for those of us not at the meet is:

Alps, why is there a frog on you head?

:-P
Maybe Froggie could answer that :P :-D
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

froggie

Tradition (if you could call it that) dictates that if Mr. Prince is not present, then the frog goes on top of the meet host...

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on April 27, 2010, 10:11:16 PM
Tradition (if you could call it that) dictates that if Mr. Prince is not present, then the frog goes on top of the meet host...

So, who is the keeper of the frog? I presume Adam is, but does he ship it to the meet host if he isn't going to be there?

Or is it a different frog?

And does the fact that a frog is seemingly the official mascot of road meets have anything to do with your nickname?

I have never heard the story of or the background of the frog. Always meant to ask but never did. This seems to be as good a time as any.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.