News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2011 Northern New Jersey Road Meet

Started by Roadgeek Adam, October 06, 2010, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeek Adam

Announcing the first meet since 2008 and second since 2004 in New Jersey. Rather than being local I have gone ahead and chosen parts of Essex and Union County. Right now, I am delaying the second of two meets, which I have planned for summer 2011. I know some people have seen some of stuff I have chosen to highlight, but for what its worth I promise you its going to be more interesting than my bridge walkers in 2009 :)

NORTHERN NEW JERSEY ROAD MEET: 2011
-----------------------------------------
Date: March 19, 2011 (the day after my 20th birthday)
Time: 12:00 pm

Upper Montclair Station Restaurant
25 Bellevue Avenue (The Upper Montclair Station Depot at the train station)
Upper Montclair, New Jersey 07053

Fixed spelling, added zip code - I only grew up there for 13 years

Features include the abandoned Eisenhower Parkway interchange in Florham Park, New Jersey, the abandoned Eisenhower Parkway extension, the I-78 / Garden State Parkway interchange currently in construction and the Nikesite Road in New Providence, New Jersey. There is more, but I don't want to ruin everything. The date means much to me, since it'll mean I'd have gone to road meets at 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 years of age. Anyway, RSVP by March 17, 2011 so I can call ahead to the restaurant.

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Dougtone

There was a meet in New Jersey in 2003.

Duke87

Is this the record for time in advance of a meet being announced?

Well, anything in New Jersey is well within my range, so I will be there unless I have some other obligation that day.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alps

There will be a second NJ meet later in the year.  I will be arranging a tour of NJ Turnpike construction (hopefully), but a) it will be Central Jersey and b) it will probably be closer to August.  I'll announce it once I lock down the date.

Ian

I could go to both New Jersey meets. Adam, RSVP sent.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Roadgeek Adam

Fair warning, I am trying to accommodate somebody to join us from PA, so it maybe a possibility that I may move this to March 12, too early to tell what schedules are like but fair warning.
Adam Seth Moss

hbelkins

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on October 12, 2010, 08:43:45 PM
Fair warning, I am trying to accommodate somebody to join us from PA, so it maybe a possibility that I may move this to March 12, too early to tell what schedules are like but fair warning.

March 12 would work best for me. I have to take an unpaid day in March, and the 11th is one of my options, so that would be an ideal travel day.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: hbelkins on December 13, 2010, 12:45:12 PM

March 12 would work best for me. I have to take an unpaid day in March, and the 11th is one of my options, so that would be an ideal travel day.

Facebook changed I have changed it to the 12th, so that's official now.
Adam Seth Moss

yanksfan6129

March 12th...remind me to tell Target not to schedule me at the cash register that day.

Dougtone

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on December 13, 2010, 05:58:02 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on December 13, 2010, 12:45:12 PM

Facebook changed I have changed it to the 12th, so that's official now.

And once it's on Facebook, you know it's official.

hbelkins

Google Maps shows this to be the location:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6hc9wmu

Is that anywhere near accurate?

NJRoadfan

yanksfan6129

Quote from: hbelkins on January 15, 2011, 12:59:26 PM
Google Maps shows this to be the location:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6hc9wmu

Is that anywhere near accurate?

I thought that the info on this meet had changed:: First of all, no longer at the Montclair Station Restaurant. (now at some diner in little falls--see the facebook group). Also, it is now on March 12th.

hbelkins

Six Brothers Diner
475 U.S. Route 46
Little Falls, NJ

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6z3f3 (Google Maps link)

Not far from the original location.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: hbelkins on January 16, 2011, 12:05:56 PM
Six Brothers Diner
475 U.S. Route 46
Little Falls, NJ

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6z3f3 (Google Maps link)

Not far from the original location.

Yes I did change it with some degree because Steve Alpert suggested that I did. (Nothing wrong there, he knows the area much better than I do :P -I've not been too public on it, considering the date is still 2 months away give or take.

Anyway here it is:

2011 Northern New Jersey Road Meet
Saturday, March 12, 2011 (much better suggestion from what I've heard -19th is rain date)

Restaurant:
Six Brothers Diner
475 U.S. Route 46
Little Falls, NJ

The stuff on the agenda hasn't changed just some of the technical details
Adam Seth Moss

Alps

March 12 has a Devils/Islanders game at 7 PM after the meet.  I have the availability of a group rate through my company.  So if you're coming to the meet and are interested, I can get you tickets for $35 and that includes a $10 food voucher.  Pretty sweet deal.  Just let me know by the end of February.

SSOWorld

As I indicated in the FB event, I won't be attending this one.  If all pans out (I replenish my funds correctly, get good assurance on my car's tires OR get new tires (as they look like they're nearing end-of-life IMO)- which will obviously set me back) and I have AMPLE vacation time (aka 10 days not including weekends) , I'll attend the August(?) one as a side from a NYC trip (one for which I plan to get out of the car).  The RI trip last year drained me so I need to make sure.  Yes I saw the NJTPK construction -but I was whizzing by at 65-70 mph (even though the speed limit was -8 :P )

EDIT: The entire trip is contingent on the requirements I listed, not just the meet attendance  :biggrin:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

yanksfan6129

Quote from: AlpsROADS on January 22, 2011, 11:38:40 AM
March 12 has a Devils/Islanders game at 7 PM after the meet.  I have the availability of a group rate through my company.  So if you're coming to the meet and are interested, I can get you tickets for $35 and that includes a $10 food voucher.  Pretty sweet deal.  Just let me know by the end of February.

Alps, if you make the summer central NJ/turnpike meet in August, try and make it for early August if possible, otherwise I will not be able to attend.

(yes, this is off topic)

Dougtone

Quote from: AlpsROADS on January 22, 2011, 11:38:40 AM

As an Islanders fan, you know that I'm interested in attending the game, and hoping that the end results of the game are better than the one I went to last April.

Alps

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on January 22, 2011, 12:32:50 PM

Alps, if you make the summer central NJ/turnpike meet in August, try and make it for early August if possible, otherwise I will not be able to attend.

(yes, this is off topic)
That's the plan anyway.  Will have to see when I can get a convergence of two potential tours.

SteveG1988

hey, i will see what i can do to come up and meet ya. I cannot make any guarantees that far ahead.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Roadgeek Adam

Also, I forgot to add. If anyone is not of the facebook group and wants to RSVP for the meet, which is only 39 days away, e-mail me at richardpetty43@msn.com

The impromptu meet today really helped boost stuff for this meet :) - Also, if you need the link to the Facebook group, here it is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=144669572243941
(fixed URL)
Adam Seth Moss

Roadgeek Adam

Hi all. Hard to believe or not, the meet is all of 2 weeks away :)

So far we have quite the list of attendees, surpassing the number at my first meet on Feb 21, 2009 in the Upper Delaware River Valley. Although he is not listed on here, Phil Fenster, who went to the 2003 Edison meet (at a restaurant all of 1/2 mile from my house believe it or not) emailed me his RSVP.

Nothing has changed in the itinerary, I will do my best to be at Six Brothers at 11:30. Also, if people have yet to confirm keep your name is Maybe Attending on here. However, if in all likelihood you will be here for sure, I'd preference if you set your status to Attending by March 9.

Adam
(cross-posted from Facebook - also disregard the May 9th error in the Facebook post)
Adam Seth Moss

Mts83

Hey everybody, new to the board here, though I do know a few of you through Flickr. I think I may try to make this meet, sounds like a lot of fun. I learned about the meets through Doug, after seeing Ian post some pics a few weeks ago from the last one.

Michael

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Mts83 on March 02, 2011, 10:50:10 PM
Hey everybody, new to the board here, though I do know a few of you through Flickr. I think I may try to make this meet, sounds like a lot of fun. I learned about the meets through Doug, after seeing Ian post some pics a few weeks ago from the last one.

Michael

No issue, do request you send me a message via my email, posted above. I'm happy to let you know any extra details. Right now we have 15 official for the meet and 8 of us are going to game after (1 may go to only the game with us due to obligations) with your full name ;)
Adam Seth Moss

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.