News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Interest for a CT meet?

Started by Mergingtraffic, October 14, 2010, 09:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

Quite a few openings over the past two years in CT.

US 7 Expressway extension in Brookfield
US 7 Boulevard in New Milford
Part of the CT-72 Boulevard opening (last week)
CT-2 Foxwoods Bypass
US-7 widening southof Danbury
US-44 4-laning on Avon Mtn.
Plus new stages of the I-95/CT-34/I-91 interchange too.
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

Dougtone

We had a meet in Hartford in 2008, and there's a road meet just over the border in Springfield, Mass. on November 13th (why not come and make the trip).  A few people have expressed interest in a meet in New Haven down the road, but I'm not committing myself to organizing that.

yanksfan6129

Alps

If you use the US 7 corridor up to Springfield and CT 72 back, you can see a lot of that.  CT 72 in particular is not all that far from Springfield.  CT 2 is quite far from the others - you'd have to decide eastern vs. western CT and have something more centralized.

Duke87

All the US 7 stuff can easily be coupled together. We could swing over to Stamford to get a look at one (or both) of the old state-outline CT shields that are still up as a side goodie.

That seems like the best option to me, but you can count me as interested for anything in Connecticut.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

agentsteel53

Quote from: Duke87 on October 15, 2010, 08:14:41 PM
We could swing over to Stamford to get a look at one (or both) of the old state-outline CT shields that are still up as a side goodie.

if someone could get us good-quality close-up and context shots for the shield gallery, it would be much appreciated.  I took some real POS photos of some Conn 15 shields in 2006.

thank you!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

I have the one state outline shield I know of besides the faux 15s, but it's buried in my backlog.

Roadgeek Adam

I'm still in for a 2011 meet in New Haven, with all the I-95 construction from Sargeant/Wharf to Stiles
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alps

Well let's not get carried away with meets.  There's Adam's meet in early spring in northern NJ, my meet in mid-to-late summer in central NJ, Doug's Watertown meet in NY, and the yearly PA meet.  Let's see how the schedule starts to shake out - we're doing too much planning before it's even 2011.

froggie

There's also the likelihood of a DC area meet within the next year, given that the first segment of the ICC is scheduled to open sometime over the next few months.

hbelkins

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 17, 2010, 05:57:10 PM
Well let's not get carried away with meets.  There's Adam's meet in early spring in northern NJ, my meet in mid-to-late summer in central NJ, Doug's Watertown meet in NY, and the yearly PA meet.  Let's see how the schedule starts to shake out - we're doing too much planning before it's even 2011.

Not that it would draw from much of the same potential pool of attendees as the above-mentioned, but I've been doing a meet every two years so I'll be due next year. Initial thoughts are Bowling Green or Hopkinsville/Land Between The Lakes, Ky., but am open to suggestions for anywhere in central to southern West Virginia, southwestern Virginia or east Tennessee (in addition to Kentucky). The date would probably be sometime in May or June depending on dates for any other meets that I might want to attend or might conflict with potential attendance at other meets.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.