News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Texarkana Regional Road Meet (Take Deux)

Started by US71, December 09, 2010, 07:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Quote from: AlpsROADS on March 24, 2011, 08:11:56 PM
My trip's not moving, so I'm still rolling through April 15-16. Now it just means I get a day long layover in scenic Texarkana with nothing to do.
This link (http://www.nlcog.org/) has another link to LaDOTD video on I-49 North construction.  In the video, LaDOTD Secretary LeBas notes that Segments A & B are complete.  She then notes that Segment C is basically complete, but no signing or striping has been done.

Above made me think that there are probably a lot of (presumably non-neutered) shields, BGS's, and other signs up on Segs. A & B (from his in-person reviews of the project , US71 can probably let you know if I am off-base on this guess; if I'm not, Mr. Winkler might share the plans with you for proper planning).  If you do get stuck with nothing to do, and not being rushed by the time constraints of an official "meet", you could probably hike Segs. A & B & do a photographic essay of the signs in their current pristine state for your website (with the freedom resulting from no traffic).
I would even give you even odds that LaDOTD would let you drive on those 2 sections in order to take pictures (if so, a video from the dashboard would be a nice touch  :-P) if you explained the distance you will travel to see the project and provided them with a link to your website (they might want you to sign some sort of release).  LaDOTD wants this project to be publicized now in order to attract business; to them, any pub would be good pub.

Variations on above theme might be available for, if I may be presumptuous, "Take Trois".

Just an idea to kill a day in greater Texarkana.

US71

I'm pulling the plug on this.

Meet is canceled.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.