News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Damaged US 68/KY 80 Kentucky Lake bridge

Started by hbelkins, January 27, 2012, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Some of the "roadies" in the Northeast have mentioned the possibility of coordinating a trip to Kentucky to see the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge crossing the Tennessee River (Kentucky Lake) in western Kentucky.

If they decide to do so and settle on a date, there might be the possibility of a mini-meet if others wanted to take a look on the same date, and the travelers were OK with the idea of meeting some others (and knowing that bunch, I think they'd be all in favor of it).

No guarantee I could join in the fun, although I would make every effort to. (It is on the other side of the state from me, and my mother-in-law is recuperating from hip replacement surgery which will require much of my wife's time and attention and thus leave me with more duties around the house). Right now it looks like Feb. 11 would be the best possible date for me to try to go to the western part of the state.

(For what it's worth, I had given some consideration to trying to host a day-long meet in western Kentucky and the route would have used this bridge in between checking out the new US 68/KY 80 construction in Land Between the Lakes and heading to the new routing of I-69 for a clinch of that route in the Bluegrass.)

Some of this discussion is already taking place on Facebook, but I thought I'd bring it up here as well in case anyone might be interested.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

I don't think I have time for a mini-meet without missing work. I'm going to be passing by for some photos, that's it, sometime mid-afternoon.

jpi

Is there any other interest on this? If its 2/11 around the afternoon I'm in, after that I will be busy for 3 weeks.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jpi

Thats right, only thing is its supposed to be rainy tomorrow and my wife and I have plan in the evening. I work until midnight tonight and will be on FB later.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.