News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Target no longer accepting...
Last post by formulanone - Today at 05:12:15 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 03:45:28 PMWhose idea was it to name it "piece of shit system"?
The same people who doled out an IATA code to Port-of-Spain's airport.
Southeast / Re: Georgia
Last post by lordsutch - Today at 05:02:17 PM
Quote from: Tom958 on June 27, 2024, 05:25:49 AMFrom 2022, but I don't recall seeing it before: Here's a plan for an interchange at GA 316 and the Oconee Connector. No improvements to 316 at Loop 10 are included. Link

Making Loop 10/316 a full system interchange would be a substantial project; I doubt GDOT will do it unless they pursue Interstate designations for the upgraded GA 316 and Loop 10, which is not GDOT's M.O.
Southeast / Re: I-55 Bridge in Memphis
Last post by lordsutch - Today at 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on June 24, 2024, 05:04:46 PMGood deal I'm just confused as to whether or not the third lane will be carried through on the Crump Boulevard interchange project.

I don't believe the new overpasses are designed for 3 lanes, at least without eliminating most of the shoulders. My assumption is that the traffic patterns are such that a lot of traffic will get off for Riverside/Crump anyway, similar to the brief lane drop east of the Hernando de Soto bridge on I-40.
Northeast / Re: Connecticut News
Last post by shadyjay - Today at 04:51:20 PM
Quote from: Rothman on July 11, 2024, 10:09:00 PMThe 39&41 exit was a fun little CT quirk.
Just like how all Exit 27s on I-84, I-91, and I-95 are out of order in one direction.
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 04:45:19 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on Today at 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 03:50:31 PMI've always struggled to understand why "Point of Sale" is a term in retail when "register" is perfectly sufficient.

Reminds me of a government job I had 30 years ago in which the higher-ups refused to refer to telephones as having "caller ID." Instead, they called it "Automatic Number Identification," which of course they then called "ANI" because the government has to have an abbreviation for everything.

I remember when I was in 8th grade, my cousin came to visit who was in nursing school. She was always known as kind of a braggart and was telling everyone about her awesome nursing activities. She was talking about one of her patients who had something wrong with their tympanic membrane, and 13 year old me piped up, "Why don't you just call it an eardrum?" She shut up pretty quick.
Southeast / Re: Complete NC 540 Project
Last post by fillup420 - Today at 04:42:58 PM
Quote from: architect77 on Today at 08:56:57 AMGet real. NCDOT isn't going to have a complete, independent loop named incorrectly that would mislead travelers from the rest of the US who depend on the numeric designation to let them know what it does, where it goes.

do you really think anyone outside of this forum knows or cares about the interstate numbering conventions? do you really think NCDOT is going to spend all that money to change EVERY SINGLE SIGN (even the ones on the brand new section) because of some obscure idea? Hell no. Most people nowadays don't even know what road they're on, nor do they use the numbers themselves to guide them.

Its 540 and will remain as such. no one cares.
I've only ever crossed northbound (2005, 2013, 2021). I was in St. Ignace last year on a day trip from Marquette, but did not cross probably because I didn't feel like paying the toll twice.
Southeast / Re: I-55 Bridge in Memphis
Last post by MikeTheActuary - Today at 04:39:45 PM
Ah...found it.

Official press release: https://www.tn.gov/governor/news/2024/7/12/tennessee-secures-historic-investment-to-modernize-memphis-infrastructure.html

Feds are sending $400m to help kick off the old bridge's replacement.  This is in addition to the up-to $250m committed from both TN TDOT and ARDOT.
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 03:50:31 PMI've always struggled to understand why "Point of Sale" is a term in retail when "register" is perfectly sufficient.

Reminds me of a government job I had 30 years ago in which the higher-ups refused to refer to telephones as having "caller ID." Instead, they called it "Automatic Number Identification," which of course they then called "ANI" because the government has to have an abbreviation for everything.

Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 03:45:28 PMWhose idea was it to name it "piece of shit system"?

Heh. I had thought several times about making a comment about how Bobby5280 almost certainly views it as a "POS system" regardless of others' comments.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.