News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Obsessions?

Started by BigMattFromTexas, August 09, 2009, 05:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMattFromTexas

What are yall obsessed with i have i small list
Household Things:
Duct Tape
Sporks
Chocolate Milk
Vodka(jk) :D
Ice Cream
Hot Sauce
Singing in the Shower
AAroads forum
TV
Non Household Things
Tacos
Taco Sauce(from Taco Bell)
Sporks(from Taco Bell)
Yelling at dumb drivers
Taking pictures

Yall?

BigMatt

Scott5114

Money. Right now I'm into Federal Reserve Banks. When I went to Kansas City all of my relatives were puzzled as I compulsively examined every piece of their currency. Sure enough there were more bills with "J10" on them (or the lovely seal shown in my avatar) up there than we get in Oklahoma. I'm also having fun with serial numbers lately, especially the block letters... the $1 F...G, L...J, L...K, and G...D blocks have been on my radar lately and I'm sort of tracking their gradual progress from brand spanking new bills to falling-apart rags. I get $2 bills from the bank on a regular basis and spend them just for kicks.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

cu2010

Aside from roads?  Gameshows, for one, especially The Price is Right (though that show has gone downhill thanks to the departure of a certain longtime staffer), but I enjoy other gameshows as well. 

I am also obsessed with ice hockey, especially college hockey. I also enjoy baseball in the summertime when there's no hockey.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

BigMattFromTexas

Alps

Quote from: scott5114I get $2 bills from the bank on a regular basis and spend them just for kicks.

I never get them anymore - maybe once every five years.  I'm more likely to find a mint-condition 1969 dollar bill (which I saved) than  circulating $2 bill at this point.  I'm more into the coins - I have complete collections of every recent coin except for some of the early/rare issues of Lincolns and the 1932 Washingtons.  They go back into the 19th century and start petering out in the 1860's-1850's.  I do have a token 3-cent and 2-cent piece.

Ian

Jeeze Matt you have some odd obsessions  :wow:

My "obsessions":
-road signs
-traffic signals
-photography
-internet and computer
-hangin with friends (if that counts)
-football
-road trips
-roads
-bridges and tunnels
-trains, planes, and cars
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Scott5114

They actually still print $2s when necessary. As I'm sure you can imagine "necessary" is equivalent to "three times since the Ford administration". $2 Federal Reserve Notes thus only come in Series 1976, 1995, 2003, and 2003A. More often than not I can get a whole strap ($200) and half of it be 1976s. One I've had a red-seal bill fall out of a strap (Priest/Humphrey, whatever year that series was). The problem is that nobody uses them for their intended purpose (often people who receive them think they're worth more than $2 and hold on to them).

So I use them just for the sheer fun of it :P

mightyace

QuoteSo I use them just for the sheer fun of it  :-P

That must confuse the hell out of the average drone that works a cash register these days.

BTW Do self checkouts recognize the $2 Bill?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Scott5114

My total came up to $5.88 at Braum's (a local fast-food chain) once. Gave the guy a five and a two. "That's $5.88, out of....uhhhh...." so I quickly volunteered, "Seven". "Oh, right". He then proceeded to give me twelve cents as my change. :ded:

The self-checkouts at Wal-Mart do recognize the $2 bill. I am not sure about other places. I know that sometimes the self-checkout machines can accept $2s but for whatever reason the store configures them to not accept them.

Mr. Matté

OBRoads: One time when I forgot the EZPass for my car, I used a crisp Jeff-note for a one dollar toll on the New Jersey Turnpike.  After I paid with the $2 bill, the toll collector gave me a dollar without hesitation, but as I left, I heard him yelling to a co-worker (it started with "Hey..." and I was long gone by then); I'm sure he wouldn't have done so if I had given him a dollar bill.

Scott5114

Oh, I used $2s a lot on the I-44 turnpikes too. (The tolls were usually something like $3 that made it particularly useful.) None of the collectors ever seemed to act like they were anything out of the ordinary, though.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 12, 2009, 09:16:07 PM
Oh, I used $2s a lot on the I-44 turnpikes too. (The tolls were usually something like $3 that made it particularly useful.) None of the collectors ever seemed to act like they were anything out of the ordinary, though.
probably because you didn't point a camera at them :P
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

allniter89

My obsessions
finding a freaking job!! :angry:
driving
weather
AARoads forum, newly discovered :) :clap:
internet

I noticed yesterday, our WM has discontinued the self checkout isles and replaced them with "less than ___ items" isles. The clerk said people werent scanning everything they had and ripping off WM...boohoo!!
QuoteThe self-checkouts at Wal-Mart do recognize the $2 bill. I am not sure about other places. I know that sometimes the self-checkout machines can accept $2s but for whatever reason the store configures them to not accept them.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Marc

My obsessions:

- Apple, Inc. and their products (for the exception of a few)
- 80s sitcoms (Cheers FTW)
- Video editing
- Local TV Newscasts (mainly for the graphics and music aspects–spawned by my love of editing video)
- Computers (in general, but I specialize in Macs)
- Cars (I prefer foreign–I drive a black 2007 Hyundai Sonata SE V6)

Thats about all I can think of right now :)

florida

Quote from: allniter89 on August 21, 2009, 01:06:58 AM
I noticed yesterday, our WM has discontinued the self checkout isles and replaced them with "less than ___ items" isles. The clerk said people werent scanning everything they had and ripping off WM...boohoo!!

The two in my area don't have any (for obvious reasons  :-D), but drive up to Casselberry and they've got 'em.
So many roads...so little time.

cu2010

Quote from: Marc
- Video editing

That's one of my hobbies, too. That and television production- I'm a television producer for my local college television station. Tons of fun. :D
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.