News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Morris County Meet (NJ)

Started by Alps, February 17, 2020, 01:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Saturday would you attend this meet?

July 18
8 (44.4%)
July 25
8 (44.4%)
August 1
10 (55.6%)
August 8
8 (44.4%)
August 15
8 (44.4%)
August 29
6 (33.3%)
September 5 (Labor Day weekend)
6 (33.3%)
Sunday, September 6
6 (33.3%)
September 19
10 (55.6%)
September 26
12 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Alps

Official unretirement and announcing a new meet covering some fun sights in my area. I want to stay away from Scott's meet but otherwise, your suggestions are welcome for a date.

cl94

I like the September dates.

Barring unforeseen circumstances or work sending me somewhere (I wish), I'm in if it happens in July or September. This is only slightly further away than Utica and an area I have explored a little less.

I should also note that August 1 is the TRB deadline and I can guarantee that I will NOT be able to get out of Albany that day. That might restrict the attendance of a few other people.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

tckma

Hopefully I'll have dug myself out of the hole I've found myself in by July.

vdeane

I can't give specific dates this early (I should be able to in a little over a month or two if things go as they usually do, however) as I don't know when the family picnic will be (it's been mid/late July recent years), and have to confirm some details regarding a potential trip to visit my aunt and uncle in the 1000 Islands in September (coinciding with a work meeting up in Watertown).  As I prefer to keep a free weekend as a buffer against weekends with travel and other things that don't let me sleep in and keep things low-key (something I've been finding is becoming more and more essential to keep me from becoming too exhausted during the week), I can say that the August dates will likely work better for me.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dougtone

It should be noted that Rosh Hashanah is on the weekend of September 19 this year, officially starting at sundown on Friday, September 18.

PHLBOS

GPS does NOT equal GOD

froggie

SSOWorld

10-minute retirement

All things considered if I were to go it would best in September since in late July/early Aug will be Hawaiiing (doesn't sound as good a Vermonting). and as the OP said, I have a meet of my own in late Aug.  Difference will be I won't be driving here due to lack of time. :awesomeface:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: PHLBOS on February 18, 2020, 01:06:11 PM
Quote from: Alps on February 17, 2020, 01:04:03 PM
Official unretirement
Unretirement?  :confused:
From what may I ask?
I had declared a couple of years ago I didn't want to host a meet anymore and would leave it to the "next generation" of enthusiasts.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Alps on February 18, 2020, 09:29:56 PM
Official unretirement
From what may I ask?
I had declared a couple of years ago I didn't want to host a meet anymore and would leave it to the "next generation" of enthusiasts.

Hmm. When/where was the last road meet you hosted?
-A.J. from Michigan

cl94

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 19, 2020, 05:51:47 PM
Hmm. When/where was the last road meet you hosted?

He did a Newark (NJ) mini-meet in 2018 for three projects, but that was more of a local get-together using bridge construction and the recently-reopened Pulaski Skyway as an excuse.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

hbelkins

Official unretirement
From what may I ask?

You're not old enough to have a "next generation" behind you.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on February 21, 2020, 08:19:05 PM
Official unretirement
From what may I ask?

Hence the "quotes" :|

Alps

Right now Sept 26 is in the lead, followed by Sept 19. An advantage to the 19th is we could then head down for some minor league baseball (with fireworks!) in Somerset, but that's not a requirement. On the other hand, the 19th is Rosh Hashanah. Still more time to get your votes in.

dgolub

Definitely interested.  Rosh Hashanah is no-go for me, and the weekend after is less than ideal, but I think that any of the others should be OK.

PHLBOS

Right off the bat, Labor Day weekend is out for me due to my visiting family in MA.  I probably won't know what other listed Saturdays I would be able to attend until later this spring or summer.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

baugh17

Maybe.  Too early to tell, but it will depend on what all else is going on.

EDIT: Looked at my work calendar it appears mid-late August or mid-late September are my preferred weekends right now (and I indicated such in the voting).  I would also be open to early-mid October as well (My annual two week vacation starts Columbus Day weekend).

jpi

The annual fall Hershey toy show is Sunday September 27 so I voted for 9/26, good chance I can make it if it falls on that day since it is just a 2 to 3 hour drive from Harrisburg, PA and I will be getting into Harrisburg that Friday.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

signalman

Quote from: jpi on February 27, 2020, 08:42:22 AM
The annual fall Hershey toy show is Sunday September 27 so I voted for 9/26, good chance I can make it if it falls on that day since it is just a 2 to 3 hour drive from Harrisburg, PA and I will be getting into Harrisburg that Friday.
180 miles from my house to Harrisburg.  And one possible lunch spot is about 3 miles from my house.

Laura

Quote from: Alps on February 21, 2020, 09:47:58 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 21, 2020, 08:19:05 PM
Official unretirement
From what may I ask?

Hence the "quotes" :|

Yep, Rainee is still a bit too young to host ;-)

As for the date, I don't have anything scheduled that far out to conflict, so technically any of them work.

iPhone

yanksfan6129

I would go to this, as I'm from the area, but not if it's after Labor Day. Campaign life sux!

Alps

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on March 10, 2020, 08:22:29 PM
I would go to this, as I'm from the area, but not if it's after Labor Day. Campaign life sux!
My inclination is to go earlier if I can justify it. With August 1 currently in 2nd place, I might forgo the 26th to make sure the bridge I want to see is still under construction and not reopened.

Alps

Update: Still planning to have this meet but keeping an eye on social policies for now. We can always do this as a picnic or BYO gathering.

cl94

Quote from: Alps on April 27, 2020, 01:38:48 PM
Update: Still planning to have this meet but keeping an eye on social policies for now. We can always do this as a picnic or BYO gathering.

This is indeed the prudent approach. Who knows if parks, etc. will still be closed and gatherings banned in August, but BYO gatherings are reasonable if allowed.

kevinb1994

Bringing your own meat to a meet is a splendid idea. I'm just not sure if I'll be there, due to the COVID.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.