News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Illinois Road Videos

Started by Crash_It, October 24, 2021, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: Crash_It on May 11, 2022, 07:10:28 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on May 10, 2022, 05:44:05 PM
Wait a minute. I know for a fact he's never been to Saginaw County because I remember awhile back when we were arguing with him another time he stated that the furthest he's been in Michigan was to like Niles or somewhere in SW Michigan that is barely in Michigan. So I go back to the question that he will most likely dodge, how do you know what Saginaw County looks like?

I looked on Google maps with the terrain feature selected. I've said that already in a previous reply. If you look at it with the terrain feature selected, you see no bumps or muscles of any kind which would indicate hills. Not many Illinois counties (if at all) look like that on the map

https://imgur.com/a/zOCRI7e

Google Maps isn't really the best source for this sort of thing–their coverage of physical features is spotty at best. You should probably check an actual topographical map, like a DeLorme atlas or, even better, the USGS topos.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

hotdogPi

Not many Illinois counties (if at all) look like that on the map

Most Illinois counties do look like that except where bodies of water are involved. There are a few exceptions near the western boundary of the state.

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 11, 2022, 07:46:17 AM
Google Maps isn't really the best source for this sort of thing–their coverage of physical features is spotty at best. You should probably check an actual topographical map, like a DeLorme atlas or, even better, the USGS topos.

There's a "terrain" layer that shows contour lines.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Max Rockatansky

Wait a minute. I know for a fact he's never been to Saginaw County because I remember awhile back when we were arguing with him another time he stated that the furthest he's been in Michigan was to like Niles or somewhere in SW Michigan that is barely in Michigan. So I go back to the question that he will most likely dodge, how do you know what Saginaw County looks like?

I looked on Google maps with the terrain feature selected. I've said that already in a previous reply. If you look at it with the terrain feature selected, you see no bumps or muscles of any kind which would indicate hills. Not many Illinois counties (if at all) look like that on the map

Still ducking the actual difficult questions I see.

Also, saying you looked on Google Maps is about amateur hour as you can get with terrain maps.  There are sites out there you can pull USGS Maps of almost every vintage from.  Then again, you are the guy who convinced himself he saw everything worthwhile in Wisconsin from I-90 and I-94. 

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 11, 2022, 03:38:52 AM
Only Crash would have the audacity to illegally rage-pass a dude on the right and then doxx that car's license plates.

And yet is fearful of the same happening to him.  I'm amused how the irony of that goes over his head completely, or he ignores it in his replies.  Everyone has the right to their privacy, but fair is fair if you are throw figurative rocks at other drivers from a sniping position of a very public YouTube channel. 

Crash_It

Quote from: 1 on May 11, 2022, 07:49:25 AM
Not many Illinois counties (if at all) look like that on the map

Most Illinois counties do look like that except where bodies of water are involved. There are a few exceptions near the western boundary of the state.

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 11, 2022, 07:46:17 AM

False... Here's a road in Lake County that I drive on every single day.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/AAV3oeHaeaC8E4JTA

You can see the sign warning of a hill blocking the view.

Here's the Google maps topographic representation of that area

https://imgur.com/a/o3Nt0EY

Not really a significant body of water nearby that would cause that.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 08:07:38 AM

Still ducking the actual difficult questions I see.

Also, saying you looked on Google Maps is about amateur hour as you can get with terrain maps.  There are sites out there you can pull USGS Maps of almost every vintage from.  Then again, you are the guy who convinced himself he saw everything worthwhile in Wisconsin from I-90 and I-94. 

I've answered the POC question already a few posts back.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 08:07:38 AM

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on May 11, 2022, 03:38:52 AM
Only Crash would have the audacity to illegally rage-pass a dude on the right and then doxx that car's license plates.

And yet is fearful of the same happening to him.  I'm amused how the irony of that goes over his head completely, or he ignores it in his replies.  Everyone has the right to their privacy, but fair is fair if you are throw figurative rocks at other drivers from a sniping position of a very public YouTube channel.

I probably wouldn't care too much of another driver doing that to me unless he slowed down afterwards, one thing I wouldn't do is react the way that guy did. That's why he got doxxed. Otherwise,if he had just gotten over it,  I probably wouldn't have posted that video at all.

kphoger

not flat!
practically a roller coaster!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

Lies, it has been long established that is flat everywhere but Illinois.

Layup question, whatever happened to trying to emulate Freewayjim as described in the original post?

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 10:11:15 AM
^^^

Layup question, whatever happened to trying to emulate Freewayjim as described in the original post?

I'm working on a video of me driving to Horseshoe Lake State Park, should be out over this week. After that, will be a video of Illinois 127. In between that will probably be the next bad drivers compilation.

Max Rockatansky

Speaking of doxing license plates, apparently Lord Carhorn has opinions about the potential removal front plates in Illinois:

https://www.facebook.com/471696313008593/posts/2092451134266428/?d=n

kphoger

It just blows me away that someone who posts a video of "road rage" three times in two weeks can't get it through his head that either one or both of the following two things is true:

(1)  What he's calling "road rage" is actually just everyday driving behavior;

(2)  He is contributing, himself, to the road rage.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Flint1979

Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2022, 09:58:58 AM

not flat!
practically a roller coaster!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
I know all three of those areas well. I was about 8 miles east of the first one on Burt Road about 45 minutes ago. Saginaw County is huge though it's 800 square miles which is above average for a Michigan county. It's about 60 miles from the SW corner to the NE corner to drive it so it covers some area too.

kphoger

Man, the Facebook comments section is a gold mine for this guy.  Here is a sample from just one video alone:

You drive like a douchebag. You are the problem.

You're are an entitled asshole. Clearly you missed the day in drivers education when they brought up defensive driving.

Seems like you're the road rage master here, blowing that horn for nothing

The car driver does this for the power trip. Loves feeling superior but in reality they are the true problem.

Perfect example of I'm an inpatient asshole honking my horn in Chicago land because I don't know how to "share" the road.
Defense driving classes would go a long ways in your life.
Your the problem.

You're an idiot.

The driver of the car is a self entitled jackass

What a little baby you are

You're just crying because you had to apply light brake pressure

What an absolute cry baby driver in the car.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

There is some gold nuggets hiding in the shared post comments too.

Scott5114

Quote from: 1 on May 11, 2022, 07:49:25 AM

I know. It sucks.

Scott5114

hbelkins

I tortured myself watching several of his videos. Some general observations:

*He really gets angry when some of his own acts, such as high-beaming or horn-honking, get used on him.
*In several instances, he was driving in the lane that runs out and got angry because a driver didn't yield to him.
*It's impossible to judge the accuracy of most of his "tailgating" claims because he speeds the view up to the point that you can't determine if the vehicle behind him is maintaining the recommended two-second interval.
*His car snobbery is astounding. He must drive a Platinummobile Deluxe with gold-plated tires, because everything else is "unreliable" or "old" or something else.
*No one driving ahead of him is under any obligation to speed up just to accommodate him.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Max Rockatansky

I thought Crash was rocking a Chevy Cruze?  Usually his typical answer to the sight line issues in his videos is to blame it on wide angle dash cam distortion.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 06:34:51 PM
I thought Crash was rocking a Chevy Cruze?  Usually his typical answer to the sight line issues in his videos is to blame it on wide angle dash cam distortion.

Yes, he drives a black 2016 Chevy Cruze.
Male pronouns, please.

Crash_It

Quote from: kphoger on May 11, 2022, 06:51:21 PM

Not anymore

Crash_It

Quote from: hbelkins on May 11, 2022, 06:29:50 PM
I tortured myself watching several of his videos. Some general observations:

*He really gets angry when some of his own acts, such as high-beaming or horn-honking, get used on him.
*In several instances, he was driving in the lane that runs out and got angry because a driver didn't yield to him.
*It's impossible to judge the accuracy of most of his "tailgating" claims because he speeds the view up to the point that you can't determine if the vehicle behind him is maintaining the recommended two-second interval.
*His car snobbery is astounding. He must drive a Platinummobile Deluxe with gold-plated tires, because everything else is "unreliable" or "old" or something else.
*No one driving ahead of him is under any obligation to speed up just to accommodate him.

Are you sure you were watching the correct channel because those scenarios didn't happen except for the roasting of cars.

Rothman

Quote from: Crash_It on May 11, 2022, 07:45:55 PM

Not anymore
You are the living definition of an unreliable narrator.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

^^^

The first rule about Crash_It is that you do not talk about Crash_It.  In death members of Project Let's Ride Illinois have a name.

Also, amusing how the two harder questions asked by a lot of posters on the two previous pages were ducked by Crash again.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on May 11, 2022, 10:57:14 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 11, 2022, 10:11:15 AM
^^^

I'm working on a video of me driving to Horseshoe Lake State Park, should be out over this week. After that, will be a video of Illinois 127. In between that will probably be the next bad drivers compilation.

Leaving this here for you to draw quotes from:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/44567.Theodore_Roosevelt

https://succeedfeed.com/theodore-roosevelt-quotes/

https://www.nps.gov/thro/learn/historyculture/theodore-roosevelt-quotes.htm

I'm a particular interesting in seeing "It was here that the romance of my life began"  into IL 127 somehow.

Flint1979

kphoger

Quote from: Crash_It on May 11, 2022, 07:45:55 PM

Not anymore

Did you crash it?

Because that would... not surprise me.
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.