Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Downstate Illinois Notes

(1/17) > >>

3467:
A more logical title with the merger. I have news the four lane era is not over in Illinois.
I went to a Corridor 67 meeting today. There is new blood . There is an attitude I have never seen before.
There is a new program and ranking system . It doesn't mean a project won't make it. As other projects are completed others move up. This is supposedly on the website. They apologized for the website. Also the delay in 67 in North Warren County. I accepted that we waited long enough the road was a mess.
There is a lot of info. I will update some projects and give more detail later

First 67  Reconstruction funded Warren County and Macomb to Industry . I don't know those details
Beardstown Bridge will start next year. South  of Beardstown is funded for resurface but the District Engineer wants to enhanced safety Paved shoulders.
Never heard them want more before.
Kirk Brown region 5  said some of Jerseyville bypass is in MYP. I can't find it . But full funding hopefully come when they run it through the program again. It's ready to go.
BTW New Chair of 67 is Mayor of Jerseyville.
Kirk Brown mentioned another project he was working I too. I suspect Southwest Connector not 50.
Other I discussed Preemption area on 67  and need for its repair and a passing lane District Engineer  Kenai Garnett was receptive
He gave me updates on two others
Illinois 29 is alive they are looking at the engineering
336 however has been superseded by 24 which is funded Peoria County wants corridor protection dropped.
US 34 is funded most of the 4 lane will be completed in the current MYP.

3467:
 Idot.illinois.gov/data-driven-decisions.html

edwaleni:

--- Quote from: 3467 on September 26, 2022, 08:17:53 PM ---A more logical title with the merger. I have news the four lane era is not over in Illinois.
I went to a Corridor 67 meeting today. There is new blood . There is an attitude I have never seen before.
There is a new program and ranking system . It doesn't mean a project won't make it. As other projects are completed others move up. This is supposedly on the website. They apologized for the website. Also the delay in 67 in North Warren County. I accepted that we waited long enough the road was a mess.
There is a lot of info. I will update some projects and give more detail later

First 67  Reconstruction funded Warren County and Macomb to Industry . I don't know those details
Beardstown Bridge will start next year. South  of Beardstown is funded for resurface but the District Engineer wants to enhanced safety Paved shoulders.
Never heard them want more before.
Kirk Brown region 5  said some of Jerseyville bypass is in MYP. I can't find it . But full funding hopefully come when they run it through the program again. It's ready to go.
BTW New Chair of 67 is Mayor of Jerseyville.
Kirk Brown mentioned another project he was working I too. I suspect Southwest Connector not 50.
Other I discussed Preemption area on 67  and need for its repair and a passing lane District Engineer  Kenai Garnett was receptive
He gave me updates on two others
Illinois 29 is alive they are looking at the engineering
336 however has been superseded by 24 which is funded Peoria County wants corridor protection dropped.
US 34 is funded most of the 4 lane will be completed in the current MYP.

--- End quote ---

This is very positive and has to be the result of not only the constitutional amendment separating road funds from general funds, but also adequate capital from the recent doubling of the road fuels tax.

Not only does this allow for better long term planning, but keeps some politicians out of IDOT's hair when trying to get needs met with roads instead of back pocket favors.

3467:
It was information packed meeting. They tweaked the program when only Chicago projects came out. It's highly likely most of these projects will get funded.
Southwest is very interesting. If Pickneyville Nashville is funded that would be the Southwest Connector.
A future project might be to finish the 50 four lane to Carlyle. It has traffic and a high truck volume. The rest except near 57 is very low volume.

ilpt4u:
The last section of 4-lane IL 13 between Carbondale and Marion at Crab Orchard Lake, basically at Cambria and Carterville, is also listed to be expanded to 6 lanes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version