News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

R.I.P. Angela Lansbury:

Started by In_Correct, October 11, 2022, 10:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In_Correct

Angela Brigid Lansbury is reported dead today, from:

(16 October 1925 — 11 October 2022) ...

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

cjk374

For some reason I thought she had already passed. RIP
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

SectorZ

Quote from: cjk374 on October 12, 2022, 08:55:36 AM
For some reason I thought she had already passed. RIP

Me too. Given she always played roles older than she was (back to the 1940s) she seemed so much older. RIP Angela.

In_Correct

She reminds me of Betty White, who also portrayed on screen characters that seemed to be older than Betty White her self.

I am familiar with watching Angela Lansbury from Murder She Wrote, who was perfectly willing and to continue Murder She Wrote for ever.

She also " appeared " as Paul McCartney on The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson.

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Henry

In advance of the Christmas season, here's a well-known song, We Need a Little Christmas, from the Mame musical in which Angela Lansbury starred as the title character:

Expect that song to get lots of airplay on the radio again, especially in the wake of her death.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kurumi

I need to watch the rest of this movie. The Manchurian Candidate, 1962.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZnaRMhD_A

"And then when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you."
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Rothman

Quote from: kurumi on October 12, 2022, 12:34:06 PM
I need to watch the rest of this movie. The Manchurian Candidate, 1962.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3ZnaRMhD_A

"And then when I take power, they will be pulled down and ground into dirt for what they did to you."
The movie is pretty hokey now, with the overblown Commie scenes, but James Gregory and Angela Lansbury steal the show.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

roadman65

She played Elvis'  mother in Blue Hawaii.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.