How Best to Share a Google Earth Compressed Map?

Started by Grzrd, December 04, 2013, 07:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

Mississippi DOT recently emailed me a map of a proposed new terrain routing of Corridor V in NE Mississippi that is superimposed on Google Earth imagery.  What would be the simplest way for me to create a link to the map (it is a .kmz extension) that would allow others to enjoy full functionality (i.e. zoom in and out, change the angle, etc.)?

Earlier today, I tried to use Sketchfab, but I was unable to upload the file to Sketchfab.  FWIW the Support team at Sketchfab (purportedly the company CEO) could not upload it, either (it may be a corrupted file even though I enjoy full functionality on my PC).

I suspect that, over time, I may run across more maps in this format that would be worth sharing; I don't think that this a one-off question.

Any suggestions are welcome.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.