News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

State Guy

Started by CANALLER, December 31, 2013, 05:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CANALLER

Hello--

I used to look through highway sites years ago, and then stumbled on an old link recently, which eventually led me to find this one. I've jumped around a bit, and things have changed a lot since then.  I've seen quite a few interesting topics, and I really like that someone thought to include an Off-The-Board forum.  There are so many obscure tid-bits in there, yet many of the them have crossed my mind over the years.  I can't believe there are that many people out there who pay attention to such things.

I'm thinking of making a trial run as an occasional contributor.  (Is this forum a good spot, or one of the other ones?) Is anyone interested in a highway employee's perspective in these discussions?  I have no interest in running up a big post count, so my thoughts would be limited to things relevant to Upstate N.Y. or the types of projects I work on, particularly signs, which it looks like a lot of you people are into.

hotdogPi

Hello, and welcome!

I took a trip to Ithaca this last summer.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Zeffy

Hiya!

Quote from: CANALLER on December 31, 2013, 05:11:34 AM
I'm thinking of making a trial run as an occasional contributor.  (Is this forum a good spot, or one of the other ones?) Is anyone interested in a highway employee's perspective in these discussions?  I have no interest in running up a big post count, so my thoughts would be limited to things relevant to Upstate N.Y. or the types of projects I work on, particularly signs, which it looks like a lot of you people are into.

I am a road sign freak:D  That being said, we have plenty of DOT employees who offer their perspective of things on this board. You'd fit right in.  ;-) I live in New Jersey, but I take semi-frequent road trips to NY, so I for one would be interested in what types of projects you work on, and I'm sure plenty of others would be as well.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

agentsteel53

cool!  I'm always interested in any older sign specs; especially pattern-accurate ones.  if you have any floating around the shop, that would be great.  I'd especially love to find the pattern for the cutout New York US and state route markers.

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.