News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Amazed (well not really) at the lack of common sense on the road today

Started by Crash_It, June 08, 2021, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SectorZ

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 07:59:12 AM
Another driver being butthurt over being passed due to their vehicle's lack of power

https://youtu.be/Rmz8fDOyRQ0

Everything about this video is just wrong. The whining, the music (which was sonic ear rape). I bet it even smells bad if that was possible. The point about the other car you were trying to drive home makes me wonder if your videos are intentional parody.

NWI_Irish96

Another driver being butthurt over being passed due to their vehicle's lack of power

He's accelerating as the speed limit goes up. He's not doing it as suddenly as you are, but he's doing it. Then you cut right in front of him while he's still accelerating. Just about the biggest asshole move someone can pull on a highway. One of these days you're going to get punted into a ditch for doing that.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Rothman on September 15, 2021, 08:33:57 AM
Stop giving Crash_It views.

I believe starting to watch and stopping very early actually penalizes them.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Rothman

Quote from: 1 on September 15, 2021, 08:35:23 AM
Quote from: Rothman on September 15, 2021, 08:33:57 AM
Stop giving Crash_It views.

I believe starting to watch and stopping very early actually penalizes them.
I like the cut of your jib...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 08:27:56 AM

He's accelerating as the speed limit goes up. He's not doing it as suddenly as you are, but he's doing it. Then you cut right in front of him while he's still accelerating. Just about the biggest asshole move someone can pull on a highway. One of these days you're going to get punted into a ditch for doing that.

He was under the speed limit even before it went up, he had a head start even before I caught up to him. I just thought he was a typical slow driver in a shitty car so I passed him and had no other intentions.

Max Rockatansky

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 11:23:23 AM

He was under the speed limit even before it went up, he had a head start even before I caught up to him. I just thought he was a typical slow driver in a shitty car so I passed him and had no other intentions.

You made a dangerous lane change when you cut in front of him without leaving enough room. Clear violation of traffic laws. We should submit this video to the State Police so they can issue you a citation.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2021, 11:52:09 AM
News flash for lunch hour, Illinois is still flat.

Amazed (well not really) at the lack of non-flat topography in the State of Illinois today.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 11:56:00 AM

You made a dangerous lane change when you cut in front of him without leaving enough room. Clear violation of traffic laws. We should submit this video to the State Police so they can issue you a citation.
I did not make a dangerous lane change, I saw his entire vehicle in my mirrors before moving over. He possibly was speeding up as I was moving over and that's a violation of IL law.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jmacswimmer on September 15, 2021, 12:08:44 PM

Amazed (well not really) at the lack of non-flat topography in the State of Illinois today.

Makes you want to honk your car horn now doesn't it?

jmacswimmer

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2021, 12:09:52 PM

Honk my car horn, flash my high beams, and cut someone off so hard I wind up on the Red line tracks in the middle of the Dan Ryan!
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: jmacswimmer on September 15, 2021, 12:13:56 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2021, 12:09:52 PM

Honk my car horn, flash my high beams, and cut someone off so hard I wind up on the Red line tracks in the middle of the Dan Ryan!

This man gets it. 

renegade

Afternoon news flash:  Cra_shIt is still a really bad driver.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 12:09:16 PM

I did not make a dangerous lane change, I saw his entire vehicle in my mirrors before moving over. He possibly was speeding up as I was moving over and that's a violation of IL law.

You did make a dangerous lane change, and you slowed down after doing so. I timed the distance between markers before and after the lane change and you definitely slowed down. You are violating multiple traffic laws and posting videos of it.

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 02:23:48 PM

You did make a dangerous lane change, and you slowed down after doing so. I timed the distance between markers before and after the lane change and you definitely slowed down. You are violating multiple traffic laws and posting videos of it.

I did not cut him off or slow down. Look at the speed stamp. Not once did it drop below 55 until after he brake checked

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 03:30:33 PM

I did not cut him off or slow down. Look at the speed stamp. Not once did it drop below 55 until after he brake checked

Afternoon news flash, Illinois is still flat. 

J N Winkler

My interpretation of what happened is a little different.  Crash_It used his windshield washers after completing the overtake, resulting in wiper fluid hitting the Nissan's windshield, which provoked the Nissan driver into performing his own overtake so he could retaliate.

As a general rule, I avoid using my washers on the freeway on a clear day for precisely this reason.  If I need to take care of water spotting, I try to run the washers when the car is not moving at speed.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

webny99

Quote from: J N Winkler on September 15, 2021, 03:51:48 PM
My interpretation of what happened is a little different.  Crash_It used his windshield washers after completing the overtake, resulting in wiper fluid hitting the Nissan's windshield, which provoked the Nissan driver into performing his own overtake so he could retaliate.

I've occasionally gotten wiper fluid on my windshield from the car in front in clear conditions, and it generally makes me do a double-take and question whether I've unintentionally done something to annoy them.

But it's also pretty harmless and much less disruptive than something like brake-checking, so I wouldn't find tremendous fault with a driver for doing it without regard for the cars directly behind them. I've probably even done it myself a time or two.

NWI_Irish96

The speed stamp is conveniently missing during that part of the video, which is why I had to time it.

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 04:02:43 PM

The speed stamp is conveniently missing during that part of the video, which is why I had to time it.

Well your timing is off because not once did I slow down. I had adaptive cruise control enabled.

There really was no reason for him to act that way. He had a head start and should've been at or even above speed by the time I was closing in on him, even in a weak pile of junk like that.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 07:56:08 PM

Well your timing is off because not once did I slow down. I had adaptive cruise control enabled.

There really was no reason for him to act that way. He had a head start and should've been at or even above speed by the time I was closing in on him, even in a weak pile of junk like that.

Evening news flash, Illinois is still flat. 

Also, don't you drive a Chevy Cruze?

NWI_Irish96

You're going to need to look harder to find someone to believe your lies. From the time the speed disappears from your video until the time it reappears, the time it takes to pass each section of roadway decreases, and then increases again after moving over.

There's no law in Illinois about how long it should take someone to accelerate when the speed limit increases. You're an impatient child who uses a powerful car to compensate for other shortcomings and couldn't wait an extra 10 seconds for him to speed up, so you started to pass him, then cut him off when he continued to accelerate.

Go peddle your trash somewhere else.

Rothman

Go peddle your trash somewhere else.

Why should he when he has a loyal fanbase here?  Keep viewing his crap and you incentivize him to stay.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2021, 08:22:56 PM

Evening news flash, Illinois is still flat. 

Also, don't you drive a Chevy Cruze?

Not anymore. Now I drive a car made by an automaker that doesn't make crap.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.