News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Amazed (well not really) at the lack of common sense on the road today

Started by Crash_It, June 08, 2021, 08:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 07:56:08 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 04:02:43 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 03:30:33 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 12:09:16 PM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 11:56:00 AM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: cabiness42 on September 15, 2021, 08:27:56 AM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 07:59:12 AM
Another driver being butthurt over being passed due to their vehicle's lack of power

https://youtu.be/Rmz8fDOyRQ0

He's accelerating as the speed limit goes up. He's not doing it as suddenly as you are, but he's doing it. Then you cut right in front of him while he's still accelerating. Just about the biggest asshole move someone can pull on a highway. One of these days you're going to get punted into a ditch for doing that.

He was under the speed limit even before it went up, he had a head start even before I caught up to him. I just thought he was a typical slow driver in a shitty car so I passed him and had no other intentions.

You made a dangerous lane change when you cut in front of him without leaving enough room. Clear violation of traffic laws. We should submit this video to the State Police so they can issue you a citation.
I did not make a dangerous lane change, I saw his entire vehicle in my mirrors before moving over. He possibly was speeding up as I was moving over and that's a violation of IL law.

You did make a dangerous lane change, and you slowed down after doing so. I timed the distance between markers before and after the lane change and you definitely slowed down. You are violating multiple traffic laws and posting videos of it.

I did not cut him off or slow down. Look at the speed stamp. Not once did it drop below 55 until after he brake checked

The speed stamp is conveniently missing during that part of the video, which is why I had to time it.

Well your timing is off because not once did I slow down. I had adaptive cruise control enabled.

There really was no reason for him to act that way. He had a head start and should've been at or even above speed by the time I was closing in on him, even in a weak pile of junk like that.

You're going to need to look harder to find someone to believe your lies. From the time the speed disappears from your video until the time it reappears, the time it takes to pass each section of roadway decreases, and then increases again after moving over.

There's no law in Illinois about how long it should take someone to accelerate when the speed limit increases. You're an impatient child who uses a powerful car to compensate for other shortcomings and couldn't wait an extra 10 seconds for him to speed up, so you started to pass him, then cut him off when he continued to accelerate.

Go peddle your trash somewhere else.

I'm not lying. You know damn well that if someone was driving similarly you would pass. That's why there are multiple lanes on a road.

sprjus4

^ I don't think the issue was that you passed him... it was the manner you abruptly cut him off to move back over.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 10:13:39 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2021, 08:22:56 PM
Another driver being butthurt over being passed due to their vehicle's lack of power

He's accelerating as the speed limit goes up. He's not doing it as suddenly as you are, but he's doing it. Then you cut right in front of him while he's still accelerating. Just about the biggest asshole move someone can pull on a highway. One of these days you're going to get punted into a ditch for doing that.

He was under the speed limit even before it went up, he had a head start even before I caught up to him. I just thought he was a typical slow driver in a shitty car so I passed him and had no other intentions.

You made a dangerous lane change when you cut in front of him without leaving enough room. Clear violation of traffic laws. We should submit this video to the State Police so they can issue you a citation.
I did not make a dangerous lane change, I saw his entire vehicle in my mirrors before moving over. He possibly was speeding up as I was moving over and that's a violation of IL law.

You did make a dangerous lane change, and you slowed down after doing so. I timed the distance between markers before and after the lane change and you definitely slowed down. You are violating multiple traffic laws and posting videos of it.

I did not cut him off or slow down. Look at the speed stamp. Not once did it drop below 55 until after he brake checked

The speed stamp is conveniently missing during that part of the video, which is why I had to time it.

Well your timing is off because not once did I slow down. I had adaptive cruise control enabled.

There really was no reason for him to act that way. He had a head start and should've been at or even above speed by the time I was closing in on him, even in a weak pile of junk like that.

Evening news flash, Illinois is still flat. 

Also, don't you drive a Chevy Cruze?

Not anymore. Now I drive a car made by an automaker that doesn't make crap.

So now you're adding car shaming to your list of tropes? 

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 10:15:53 PM

You're going to need to look harder to find someone to believe your lies. From the time the speed disappears from your video until the time it reappears, the time it takes to pass each section of roadway decreases, and then increases again after moving over.

There's no law in Illinois about how long it should take someone to accelerate when the speed limit increases. You're an impatient child who uses a powerful car to compensate for other shortcomings and couldn't wait an extra 10 seconds for him to speed up, so you started to pass him, then cut him off when he continued to accelerate.

I'm not lying. You know damn well that if someone was driving similarly you would pass. That's why there are multiple lanes on a road.

That's not what you're lying about. After you passed him you slowed down as you dangerously moved back in front of him.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 16, 2021, 07:04:51 AM

That's not what you're lying about. After you passed him you slowed down as you dangerously moved back in front of him.

I'm not lying about anything. Your calculations are off.. period.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 16, 2021, 12:33:28 AM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 15, 2021, 10:13:39 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2021, 08:22:56 PM

Evening news flash, Illinois is still flat. 

Also, don't you drive a Chevy Cruze?

Not anymore. Now I drive a car made by an automaker that doesn't make crap.

So now you're adding car shaming to your list of tropes?

Not really, it's been proven that certain cars are just crap. I just show why. If the cars weren't crap, I wouldn't spotlight. Thinking back to all the road rage encounters I've had. It was almost always someone who drives a vehicle that is either... Old , discontinued (automaker doesn't make them anymore) or crap (prone to defects prematurely).

hotdogPi

Road rage is caused by humans, not the type of car you have.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Max Rockatansky

I've driven plenty of General Motors products as commuters, none of them gave me road rage.  In fact I had a 2014 Chevy Sonic which had powertrains identical to the Cruze, never gave me road rage.  Your poor driving ability and behaviors just shows that any car in the wrong hands is hazard on the road.  Then again, you're the one is deluded enough to think you're a safe driver because of narcissism.  Why you keep coming here to seek affirmation for your behaviors from a road community that has largely shunned you is kind bizarre. 

BTW, Illinois is still flat. 

Crash_It

Quote from: 1 on September 16, 2021, 11:04:27 AM
Road rage is caused by humans, not the type of car you have.

I know that, but people who are driving those cars seem to be more likely to get butthurt and cause road rage incidents than those who are driving nicer cars

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 10:59:38 AM

Did the calculations 3 times. Very unusual that the speeding up and slowing down occurred while your speed, which is pretty much ALWAYS on all of your other videos, was absent from this one for that handful of seconds, so I decided to investigate.

At :25, the speed, showing 55 at that time, disappears from your screen. I time your speed increase from that point up to the 42 second mark (just after moving back to the right lane) to be about 15%, and then decrease by that same 15% until the :48 mark, when the 55 mph speed shows back up in your video.

You literally sped up to close to 65 to pass the steadily accelerating car in the right lane, then slowed back down to 55 after pulling in front of him.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 16, 2021, 11:09:36 AM
I've driven plenty of General Motors products as commuters, none of them gave me road rage.  In fact I had a 2014 Chevy Sonic which had powertrains identical to the Cruze, never gave me road rage.  Your poor driving ability and behaviors just shows that any car in the wrong hands is hazard on the road.  Then again, you're the one is deluded enough to think you're a safe driver because of narcissism.  Why you keep coming here to seek affirmation for your behaviors from a road community that has largely shunned you is kind bizarre. 

I never got road rage in the Cruze either. I just don't tolerate people who make shitty driving decisions. Like the guy in this video for example. He had at least 10 seconds to get to speed but didn't until after I passed him. Instead of hanging back to wait for him to possibly never get to speed, I passed. There's nothing wrong with that.

Crash_It

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 16, 2021, 11:22:38 AM

Did the calculations 3 times. Very unusual that the speeding up and slowing down occurred while your speed, which is pretty much ALWAYS on all of your other videos, was absent from this one for that handful of seconds, so I decided to investigate.

At :25, the speed, showing 55 at that time, disappears from your screen. I time your speed increase from that point up to the 42 second mark (just after moving back to the right lane) to be about 15%, and then decrease by that same 15% until the :48 mark, when the 55 mph speed shows back up in your video.

You literally sped up to close to 65 to pass the steadily accelerating car in the right lane, then slowed back down to 55 after pulling in front of him.

The front footage disappears because that section wasn't saved/locked. I locked it when I noticed him going slow then locked it after he threw his tantrum. So, again.. your calculations are off and I didn't speed up then slow down.

hbelkins

It must be a sad life if you run your car cam for the purpose of posting videos of people you don't know and will never meet in an attempt to shame or embarrass them -- people that, odds are, will never see your videos.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 11:28:10 AM

The front footage disappears because that section wasn't saved/locked. I locked it when I noticed him going slow then locked it after he threw his tantrum. So, again.. your calculations are off and I didn't speed up then slow down.

Your car passes dashed lines at a peak of about 15% faster in between the times when the speed shows up on the screen. Maybe IDOT painted the dashed lines 15% closer together in that section.

snowc

@admins this post should be locked.
@scott5114 this post is going on a chain.  :colorful:

snowc

Quote from: cabiness42 on September 16, 2021, 11:37:37 AM

Your car passes dashed lines at a peak of about 15% faster in between the times when the speed shows up on the screen. Maybe IDOT painted the dashed lines 15% closer together in that section.
@Crash_It it doesnt matter who done it, its basically your own fault for speeding. My mother got her right side on her car SMACKED right dab into a construction worker for 540. Did she say it was the driver's fault? :no:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 11:23:09 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 16, 2021, 11:09:36 AM

I never got road rage in the Cruze either. I just don't tolerate people who make shitty driving decisions. Like the guy in this video for example. He had at least 10 seconds to get to speed but didn't until after I passed him. Instead of hanging back to wait for him to possibly never get to speed, I passed. There's nothing wrong with that.

You have an entire video library documenting your own road rage.  Why you can't see that lends suggestion you either have a mental health issue or you're just a simply a shyster trying to make money on YouTube views.  Given your responses to actual facts and critique neither explanation would surprise me.  Regarding tolerance, I'm not sure why any of us would tolerate you and the garbage you're peddling.  That nickname we gave you "Cra_shIt"  is well deserved. 

Crash_It

Quote from: hbelkins on September 16, 2021, 11:35:50 AM
It must be a sad life if you run your car cam for the purpose of posting videos of people you don't know and will never meet in an attempt to shame or embarrass them -- people that, odds are, will never see your videos.

I don't run it for that purpose. I also show videos of scenic drives.

Crash_It

Quote from: snowc on September 16, 2021, 11:40:01 AM

@Crash_It it doesnt matter who done it, its basically your own fault for speeding. My mother got her right side on her car SMACKED right dab into a construction worker for 540. Did she say it was the driver's fault? :no:

I wasn't speeding.

snowc

Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 02:23:57 PM

I wasn't speeding.
Yeah, right.  :rolleyes:
You were wrong, admit it.
My mother would dig until the right answer is shown, and usually reads my mind.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 02:21:45 PM

Sure didn't jive with the brand narrative before you changed your channel name.

Crash_It

Frame rate of the rear cam is higher than the front (60fps vs 30fps) that can sometimes cause things to appear faster since the frames have to be doubled. I was not speeding and I didn't cut him off.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 16, 2021, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 02:21:45 PM

Sure didn't jive with the brand narrative before you changed your channel name.

I've always done that even before the name change. Probably just not as much.

Crash_It

Quote from: snowc on September 16, 2021, 02:26:11 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on September 16, 2021, 02:23:57 PM

I wasn't speeding.
Yeah, right.  :rolleyes:
You were wrong, admit it.
My mother would dig until the right answer is shown, and usually reads my mind.

There's nothing wrong about passing someone accelerating slower than a turtle. You sound like someone who would wait behind a semi rather than pass it.

renegade

I want to get this in b4 lock ... he only posts these sad and sorry videos in a sad and sorry attempt to monetize them.  If we don't click on them (or otherwise engage him), he gets nothing.  It might be time to place this aggravator on a time-out, otherwise the banhammer should swing.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.