Pictures of roadtrip - Oklahoma City to Florida & Back

Started by okroads, January 19, 2009, 04:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okroads

All -

Pictures from my recent roadtrip from Oklahoma City to Florida & back are posted on my Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/okroads/collections/72157611696256500/

I am still working on picture captions for most of these pics.

Eric

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

un1

Nice collection you have there! I can't wait to go on my next trip now thanks to you (we have to go through Oklahoma City)!  :D
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Chris

Chris

Interesting, why is the I-430 interchange signed so far in advance?

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

okroads

Not sure why I-430 is signed that far back. Most signs along I-40 from Oklahoma to Little Rock were replaced in 2007 & 2008, and I-430 was not signed on the old signs.

Chris

The I-275 is also already signed near Lake City, Florida

163 miles or something...

Alex

Quote from: Chris on January 20, 2009, 10:23:48 AM
The I-275 is also already signed near Lake City, Florida

163 miles or something...

Florida uses long-distance junction signs throughout their Interstate system and Florida's Turnpike. These are meant to be an aid to tourists from elsewhere in the country.

US71

Quote from: Chris on January 20, 2009, 04:47:42 AM
Interesting, why is the I-430 interchange signed so far in advance?

The first posting of I-430 is just east of exit 47 (AR 164 Coal Hill). Why? I don't know. 
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Chris

US71

Quote from: Chris on January 20, 2009, 04:24:02 PM
That's the clearview font, right? I like it.

Yes, it is. I hate the lower case L, though.   :-|

Go to my Flickr page: there's a whole album dedicated to the new Clearview signs on I-40
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

deathtopumpkins

That clearview font the new one they've been using? They just recently went through here and replaced almost every sign, even already new ones with a slightly new font. I'm not sure if that's it though...  :-/ All I know is that I really don't like it...  :ded:
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

FLRoads

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 20, 2009, 10:40:02 PM
That clearview font the new one they've been using? They just recently went through here and replaced almost every sign, even already new ones with a slightly new font. I'm not sure if that's it though...  :-/ All I know is that I really don't like it...  :ded:

Yes, and replacing perfectly good highway gothic signs with clearview ones is a growing trend in this country.  My motto is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

agentsteel53

tell that to Arizona... they replace all the signs they can keep track of, once every 5 years, just as a matter of policy.

lots less button copy on I-10 two months ago than when I was there in 2007.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Chris

okroads

Chris

I see. Both markings are spaced quite far apart, and I missed the diamond marking here  :colorful:

Greybear

Quote from: okroads on January 20, 2009, 08:19:30 AM
Not sure why I-430 is signed that far back. Most signs along I-40 from Oklahoma to Little Rock were replaced in 2007 & 2008, and I-430 was not signed on the old signs.

I'm surprised that mileage to I-430 hasn't been posted on I-30 from Texarkana to Little Rock. I know that most of the signage along I-30 has been replaced around the same time that the I-40 signage was replaced.

I don't like that new Clearview font, either.

florida

Nice photos in Gainesville of FL 24A and FL 226! Ever since seeing it pop up on the Fed-Aid log, I've wondered how they signed it. Thanks for answering that question.
So many roads...so little time.

OracleUsr

Am I the only one who sees nothing on the BGS's in the Macon-to-Florida trip because of the over head sun?
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

okroads

QuoteAm I the only one who sees nothing on the BGS's in the Macon-to-Florida trip because of the over head sun?

Nope...I had a hard time seeing some of the BGS's in the pictures (and I'm the one who took these pics!)  :banghead: Dang sun angle...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.