News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NB-11/NB-15 interchange reconfiguration

Started by Stephane Dumas, January 09, 2018, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

I spotted that video showing the completion of the reconfiguration of NB-11/NB-15 interchange near Shediac.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3Z4BiEgqI

yakra

Time to put together an update for TravelMapping.

11:
New western alignment, new Exit 1, new terminus at NB15. Piece of cake.

15:
How is the new left exit for NB11 signed?
Is the existing cloverleaf at NB132 / Old NB15 still 31A/B?

132:
Is the north end still at the NB15 cloverleaf?
OSM & Google show it continuing north to the roundabout.

133:
I assume it still takes the 90° turn at Main & Hanington. Correct?
Is the new roadway west of the corner that connects to the roundabout in fact an extension of Main St, as Google claims?
(If unknown, not a deal-breaker; I can name the waypoint after Cornwall Rd instead.)
Edit: Or does it get straightened out, to travel west to the new Exit 1?

While I suppose it's possible that:
- NB133 could have its 90° bend straightened out and be extended W to the new Exit 1, and
- NB132 could be extended N thru the roundabout, along the new extension of Main St, and N along that N/S leg of existing NB133...
That's probably just the Fictional-loving roadgeek in me talking.
Multiplexes are rare in NB, so 132/133 may not happen. The way I've seen recent freeway upgrades shake out, existing designations are likely to stay put, with some unnumbered roads along the former alignments.

Looking through a couple skyscraperpage threads for relevant info; any knowledge is appreciated.

Edit: One possibility I considered was NB133 getting straightened out (which may actually be happening), with NB132 just staying put...
Or, OSM could be right about 132... Eh!  :coffee:
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.