News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

New cities

Started by Poiponen13, February 11, 2023, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takumi

Quote from: 1 on June 26, 2023, 09:57:46 AM
Idea for a new city: I-93 near (new) exit 42 in Massachusetts would be called "Naranja" (taking a small part of Andover), with the J pronounced as it is in English. It would have a permanent population of about 2000, with its main claim to fame being a La Quinta hotel, two restaurants (Chili's and The Chateau), a Mobil with a Dunkin inside, and some office buildings. It would be a control city on I-93.

There's a parallel universe where it's called Uva instead.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

kphoger

New cities could be constructed on KOI-5715.01.  To have similar population density as Grand Forks, North Dakota.  I don't like that exoplanets have way, way lower population density that planet Earth.  For example, the solar system has 8,000,000,000 people and is located in the Milky Way galaxy.  Earth is largest planet with population, but it has all 8,000,000,000 people.  By the way, Earth is largest planet in the solar system entirely between Venus and Mars (Uranus, which is larger, is farther away).  Orange dwarf star and much greater greenhouse effect would be nice to see in large cities, so I propose large cities to exoplanets where they exist.  Jomulkanna is example of such city.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kalvado

Quote from: kphoger on June 26, 2023, 12:21:05 PM
New cities could be constructed on KOI-5715.01.  To have similar population density as Grand Forks, North Dakota.  I don't like that exoplanets have way, way lower population density that planet Earth.  For example, the solar system has 8,000,000,000 people and is located in the Milky Way galaxy.  Earth is largest planet with population, but it has all 8,000,000,000 people.  By the way, Earth is largest planet in the solar system entirely between Venus and Mars (Uranus, which is larger, is farther away).  Orange dwarf star and much greater greenhouse effect would be nice to see in large cities, so I propose large cities to exoplanets where they exist.  Jomulkanna is example of such city.
You're writing it as a resident of a tiny abandoned provincial planet with extremely limited awareness.
I saw a story of a galaxy empire on TV, and they cannot lie!

Poiponen13

I can't take it anymore!!! Why you again mimicked my post, this time this thread's opening post??

kphoger

Quote from: Poiponen13 on June 26, 2023, 12:29:03 PM
I can't take it anymore!!! Why you again mimicked my post, this time this thread's opening post??

An alternative to Souky proposal. I want larger cities to outer space.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Poiponen13

Quote from: kphoger on June 26, 2023, 12:57:24 PM

Not to the space!!! Only to Earth!!!

kphoger

Quote from: Poiponen13 on June 26, 2023, 01:02:11 PM

Because I would like to see a large city in extreme conditions - orange dwarf star, lower planetary surface temperature, greater atmospheric greenhouse effect.  Jomulkanna would have a Burge King.  Jomulkanna is not "Soviet".  But it could warm.

KOI-5554.01 could support cities.

Or lake to Las Vegas.  Booger Queen Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Male pronouns, please.

kalvado

Quote from: Poiponen13 on June 26, 2023, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: kphoger on June 26, 2023, 12:57:24 PM

New cities could be constructed on the bottom of the ocean..  To have a similar population density as Grand Forks, North Dakota.  I don't like that sea bottom has way, way lower population density than continents or islands.  For example, Europe has about  500,000,000 people and is located barely above sea level. Titan was the largest civilian object on the seabed with a population of mere 5 people. Saltwater and high ambient pressure would be nice to see in large cities, so I propose large cities to depths where they can be seen. Tit is an example of such a city to be named after Titanic and Titan.

hotdogPi

Another idea for a city name: Alexicol. With the famous (or infamous?) Alexicol Police. Try saying it out loud (actually don't; I'm serious) and see what happens...

Poiponen13, you're at 37 of 32.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

GaryV

What was that?

"ChatGPT, please describe new cities in outer space as P13 would."

kphoger

Quote from: GaryV on June 26, 2023, 08:37:56 PM
What was that?

↓  ↓

... mimicked ... this thread's opening post
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.