News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Location of Abandoned blockbuster videos

Started by Dantheroadfan, July 04, 2023, 03:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantheroadfan

I know that this may have a repetitive title.  I have found through a video from stackin packin of an original untouched blockbuster. It is in ashville ky the adress is 1233 13th street

Dirt Roads

Gosh.  I remember this old Foodland location beside the Blockbuster from my days working in Ashland.  Google Streetview is a bit cloudy here.

skluth

Rothman

Quote from: skluth on July 04, 2023, 03:53:52 PM
Here's a video of their rise and fall

Makes me wonder how many people on this forum didn't live through it.

Can't remember if I ever had a Blockbuster membership.  Maybe for a little while.  We stuck to cheaper mom-and-pop places instead.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

TheHighwayMan3561

My dad had a Blockbuster membership.

In my mom's town we had Movie Gallery and Hollywood Video. The former is now Pizza Ranch and the latter is now divided between Starbucks and an AT&T store.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

1995hoo

I remember when Blockbuster first expanded into the DC area in the late 1980s, a Blockbuster card was not valid at all their stores–it was valid only at the store that issued it and you'd need multiple cards if you visited multiple stores. That changed later (by 1995, when I got a card from a Blockbuster in Durham, NC), but I remember it was astonishing at the time because the main DC-area video rental place prior to Blockbuster (Erol's) had a single card good at all their locations and we all pretty much assumed that a big national chain would have more sophisticated IT than a local outfit.

I still have the Blockbuster card I got in the mid-1990s. Not sure why. It's not in my wallet, of course; it's in with a bunch of other cards in a dresser drawer. Probably just overall laziness in going through and cleaning out old junk.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

bugo

I used to work at the former Blockbuster at 51st and Memorial in Tulsa. It can be seen in this view from December, 2007. The next set of images is from July 2011, and the Blockbuster signs are gone.12 years later, the old Blockbuster store is still empty. The rent must be really high or something, because it's in a good location.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.089961,-95.8884804,3a,15y,359.36h,88.03t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sOvrDvO6Y_zmiWZ9LZPF-WQ!2e0!5s20071201T000000!7i3328!8i1664?entry=ttu

Flint1979

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.