Regional Boards > Northeast

New Jersey Turnpike

<< < (850/877) > >>

roadman65:
Why do they need the blanket gantries for the scanners? Florida uses just typical overhead sign trusses and if memory serves me correctly, so does the South Jersey Transportation Authority on the ACE at the Pleasantville Toll Plaza for ORT there.

roadman65:
I was reading the Capital Plan for the Turnpike which does include the six lane widening of the 37 miles that is still four lanes in South Jersey as well as making the entire Newark Bay Extension up to Columbus Drive six lanes as well. The latter includes all new elevated structures and the replacement of the Casciano Bridge over Newark Bay.

Big times ahead and a bigger mess on the Newark Bay Extension as well.  Building all new viaducts especially at Jersey Avenue where the roadway is up against a cold food storage facility will create a long nightmare.  Though not adding lanes to this, the viaduct replacement will be more of a challenge being NJ 139 runs next to it also.

Alps:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 27, 2021, 10:43:57 AM ---I was reading the Capital Plan for the Turnpike which does include the six lane widening of the 37 miles that is still four lanes in South Jersey as well as making the entire Newark Bay Extension up to Columbus Drive six lanes as well. The latter includes all new elevated structures and the replacement of the Casciano Bridge over Newark Bay.

Big times ahead and a bigger mess on the Newark Bay Extension as well.  Building all new viaducts especially at Jersey Avenue where the roadway is up against a cold food storage facility will create a long nightmare.  Though not adding lanes to this, the viaduct replacement will be more of a challenge being NJ 139 runs next to it also.

--- End quote ---
At one point I'd heard that giant building between Monmouth and Coles Streets was going to be removed (not by NJTA, just in general). Maybe I'm confusing that with something else.

storm2k:
Here's a couple of pictures of new signs approaching 16E/18E that were recently replaced with the completion of the express E-ZPass lanes. I like these signs more than what was there before.

famartin:

--- Quote from: storm2k on December 10, 2021, 04:37:26 PM ---Here's a couple of pictures of new signs approaching 16E/18E that were recently replaced with the completion of the express E-ZPass lanes. I like these signs more than what was there before.

--- End quote ---

Do users heading for 3 now pay the 18E toll? That seems to be what the signs suggest. I donít recall if there was much difference between the 16E and 18E tolls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version