News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Moved vs. Removed

Started by DaBigE, February 13, 2014, 11:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

In light of recent events, when a thread gets cleared out, could the subject line say 'removed' instead of just 'moved'? The latter seems like the topic is accessible elsewhere on the forums.

Also, there was a link to an informative paper (FHWA?, US DOT?) that was linked to in the "What the hell is this?" topic...is there any way to relink that paper? I would PM the author of the post, but I have no way of seeing who posted it now that the thread is empty.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

sammi

I found this in my browsing history (typed fhwa. and it was there)
   http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/bridge/signinspection.pdf
but I don't remember the part of the paper that was being referenced.

Alps

Quote from: Revive 755
They are vibration dampers for the mast arms; see Page 84 (or 95/148) of this document
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the subject line.

Brandon

Quote from: Alps on February 13, 2014, 03:50:43 PM
They are vibration dampers for the mast arms; see Page 84 (or 95/148) of this document

Even though it was initiated by a troll, we did have a good discussion going on vibration dampers.  I never knew what they were before.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alps

Quote from: Brandon on February 13, 2014, 04:16:33 PM
Quote from: Alps on February 13, 2014, 03:50:43 PM

Even though it was initiated by a troll, we did have a good discussion going on vibration dampers.  I never knew what they were before.
OK, restoring what I can salvage of the topic.

DaBigE

Thanks for reposting the link and restoring the good parts of the discussion. :clap:
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.