108 new CINCINNATI/NORTHERN KENTUCKY photos posted!!!

Started by bandit73, July 23, 2009, 06:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

agentsteel53

wow!!! nice 50 cutout!!

can you send me a link to a photo of the one you mentioned eastbound?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

bandit957

agentsteel53

wow, good stuff.  did not know that was there.  Knew only of the US-27 cutout in that area.

did you happen to find any state-named I-shields in Cincy?

jake@aaroads.com

bandit957

Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 23, 2009, 08:31:37 PM
wow, good stuff.  did not know that was there.  Knew only of the US-27 cutout in that area.

did you happen to find any state-named I-shields in Cincy?

I think there's probably a few, but not many. I don't remember exactly where.

agentsteel53

I found a 71 two and a half years after I took the photo .. it's there somewhere in the background!

looks like it has the narrow OHIO that Cincinnati liked using.

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

I didn't recall seeing any (I was the Road Scholar in question).  In the entire state, as far as I traveled.

OracleUsr

I browsed your 2008 NC photos and had a couple of addenda:

1.  US 264 ends at US 64 in Mann's Harbor.  They used to go to Whalebone Junction, but now only US 64 does.

2.  US 64, I believe, now goes as a freeway east of Williamston, though I have only been to the US 13 interchange on the freeway, which opened up in 2003.
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

mpgarr

Nice pics of the roadways of Cincy/NKY---an FYI--the Ronald Reagan used to be known as The Cross County Highway--I am sure all those old signs you talk about having the new names slapped on them are due for replacement now that Ohio, like many states, is going to that new font style for road signs--we have some of those now being posted along I-75 in Dayton with all the changes coming to the interstate there---I just came back from a whirlwind trip down to Florida and back---I took some very different routes down and back.  I saw many of those new graphic style road signs on that trip---they look much "fresher and crisp" than do the older style signs of the past.

mpgarr

I am surprised you don't have any pics of KY 8 along the Ohio River---I love the section from Anderson Ferry back into Newport/Covington.

I wish the road ran west/south on downriver---at least be a nice alt route to get down to Rabbit Hash---but I do like to take KY 8 on east/north towards Augusta and Maysville.

bandit957

Quote from: mpgarr on August 04, 2009, 06:08:35 PM
I am surprised you don't have any pics of KY 8 along the Ohio River---I love the section from Anderson Ferry back into Newport/Covington.

I have some KY 8 photos somewhere. Usually I get around by bike, and KY 8 just isn't very good for biking once you get outside the urban areas.

mpgarr

I agree--I sure would not want to ride a bike on it---here are some pics of being underway on the Anderson Ferry. You can reach the Anderson Ferry on both sides of the river---from the Ohio side--take River Road west from downtown or go west on KY 8 from Newport. It is well worth the cost-less than five bucks for a car. There is another ferry up river about 40 or so miles at Augusta, KY as well off US 52 on the Ohio side and in the heart of "downtown" Augusta.

An interesting house I found along KY RT 8 in Ludlow, KY

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.