Regional Boards > Northeast

I-490/I-390/NY 390/NY 31 interchange

(1/8) > >>

webny99:
Does anyone know what's going on here?

I thought I remembered that some new ramps to NY-31 were going to be built, but I couldn't find any online plans.

Buffaboy:
No idea, I actually went through there the other day and didn't see any work being done.

jemacedo9:
If I remember correctly - and the NYS DOT site I think is where I got this from - they are building a direct ramp from NY 390 NB to NY 31, by building an overpass over the I-490 WB ramp to NY 390 NB.  That ramp will end aligned with the NY 31/Lee Rd intersection.  The I-490 WB ramp to NY 31 will branch off before the new overpass to merge with the new ramp from the right.  This will eliminate the current I-490 WB/NY 390 NB/NY 31 weave.  They are also reconstructing and I believe widening and lengthening the NY 31 bridge over NY 390.

I don't remember what else is occurring, but I think there will be more modifications to NY 390 SB.

vdeane:
The project also includes replacement of the NY 390 bridges over Trolley Boulevard.  The bridge replacements are what's being done now.

Rothman:
All I know is that NYSDOT has and will be pumping money into that interchange for years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version