News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

RIP F-Troop's Ken Berry

Started by US71, December 02, 2018, 08:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Ken Berry who played Capt. Wilton Parmenter on F-Troop has died. He also starred in Mayberry RFD (a spin-off of the Andy Griffith Show) and Mama's Family.   Does this make Larry Storch the last surviving cast member?
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

abefroman329

I know we had an extensive thread regarding backdoor pilots; he starred in the Brady Bunch backdoor pilot "Kelly's Kids,"  which would have been a show about a white couple that adopted a white kid from an orphanage and then also adopted his black friend and his Asian friend from the orphanage (a decade before Diff'rent Strokes exploded similar territory).

His last IMDB credit is from 1999, so he must have been sick for a while.

US71

Quote from: abefroman329 on December 02, 2018, 08:24:26 AM
I know we had an extensive thread regarding backdoor pilots; he starred in the Brady Bunch backdoor pilot "Kelly's Kids,"  which would have been a show about a white couple that adopted a white kid from an orphanage and then also adopted his black friend and his Asian friend from the orphanage (a decade before Diff'rent Strokes exploded similar territory).

His last IMDB credit is from 1999, so he must have been sick for a while.

Or he retired. I've not been able to find any info either way, however.

CORRECTION: I finally found some info that following Mama's Family, people quit calling him for roles so he opted to retire.

abefroman329

That's unfortunate. Acting isn't really something you typically retire from unless you're physically or mentally unwell.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

US71

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.