Creating an Area Guide

Started by KopperKangaroo, January 02, 2020, 11:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KopperKangaroo

Hello! It's some time since my last activity, and I was wondering what the requirements (if any) are to create an official guide for an area on the site. Thanks for the feedback!

Alex

Quote from: KopperKangaroo on January 02, 2020, 11:52:13 AM
Hello! It's some time since my last activity, and I was wondering what the requirements (if any) are to create an official guide for an area on the site. Thanks for the feedback!

I have a few contributors still actively sending me photos and content (which I'm backlogged on still). The only requirements for creating new guides on the site are getting in touch with me and figuring out what you might want to cover. Moving forward from there, would need to know if you're versed in working with Wordpress to add content yourself or if you'd be more comfortable with emailing or uploading photos and content for me to add later.

KopperKangaroo

Apologies for the rather late reply:

I reside in the Tip of the Mitt in Northern Michigan and have knowledge on the Alabama Gulf Coast as well, both where overall population is pretty much limited to the tourist season in mid-summer. I have documented some roadways along the Alabama and Florida Gulf Coast, but have not been there lately to add much-needed updates to SR-182 and 59 (following reconstruction).

I would be most comfortable starting a new guide for US-31, I-75, and other major N. Michigan highways. None exist yet so that's why I'm wondering if there's special permission/trustworthiness in order to do it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.