News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I have met 5 fellow roadgeeks. One of them is a lie.

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, July 24, 2020, 04:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Actually, James Schul is the one I've never met. I haven't met his brother Dave either. It doesn't help that James usually works on Saturdays, when most meets take place.

Met Carl in Jersey, Steve in OKC, Alex in Birmingham, and Jim in ATL.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: hbelkins on July 28, 2020, 10:39:41 AM
Actually, James Schul is the one I've never met.

You sure? I thought both you & James were at Pete Jenior's Cincy invitational, back in 2003.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

SSOWorld

My list:
Andy Field
HB Elkins
Jim Georges
Mike Pruett
Carl Tessier
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

hbelkins

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 28, 2020, 09:39:38 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on July 28, 2020, 10:39:41 AM
Actually, James Schul is the one I've never met.

You sure? I thought both you & James were at Pete Jenior's Cincy invitational, back in 2003.

I don't remember James being there, but I could be wrong. That's been a few years ago.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: SSOWorld on July 28, 2020, 11:29:32 PM
My list:
Andy Field
HB Elkins
Jim Georges
Mike Pruett
Carl Tessier

I'll guess Mike Pruett
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

CanesFan27

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on July 25, 2020, 11:31:41 PM
Back to my original question; Valerie is correct, I have yet to meet Steve Anderson. For Roadgeekteen, I have met Adam, while he still lived in the Pittsburgh area we both attended the first Ohio Roadmeet in Toledo, back in 2002 (IIRC).

Side story on Steve Anderson. Back in 2001, I drove from C-bus to New York City for an academic conference. I was going to skip one of the days of the conference to be given a tour of NYC by David Greenburger (MTR alum, now works for NYC transit) & Steve Anderson. Alas, day before the tour, Steve had to drop out (I don't remember why, 20 years later), so it was just David showing me around the region.

One small correction - I moved to NC in January 2000.  The Toledo Meet was June 2002 and the meeting was the day of Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals - I left Charlotte and drove in the middle of the night to pick up Jeff - slept as he drove to Toledo.  Went to the meet - salvaged the tour - drove to and stayed at a buddy of mine in Cambridge, Ohio, dropped Jeff off and drove home, then drove to Raleigh to go to Game 4.

Oh to be 25 again.

ctkatz

I've only met one. we actually met through a mutual friend on stuff completely unrelated to road geekery.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.