Does anyone have road signs in their yard/on their property?

Started by thspfc, September 03, 2020, 08:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

I don't, but are there two in the yard of my neighbors across the street - a STOP and a DEAD END.
Edit - To clarify, yes, I'm asking about active ones being used for traffic.

Scott5114

Like, live posted ones?

When I first moved in, there was only a Bike Lane/No Parking Any Time combo on the border between my property and my neighbors to the north. After I lived here a couple of years, the city added a Dead End on the border between me and my neighbors to the west.

I also have a bunch of signs in my house.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

ozarkman417

Are we only including ones that are actively being used for traffic control? There are a few members on here that have signs they have bought and placed them somewhere in their property (though not necessary visible to travelers).

Takumi

If we're talking about active ones, not currently, but two of the houses I've lived in have had stop signs. If in general, yes, I have quite a few, as I'm sure so many members of this forum.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Max Rockatansky

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

hbelkins

Yes, although I'm not sure if they are actually on my property, or if they are on state ROW adjacent to my property.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

When I was a little kid, I lived here.  The signage was different back then, but I specifically remember a driver not knowing the street was a dead end one night and plowing through the signs into the walnut tree.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SEWIGuy

I live on a uncontrolled intersection.  So I have street signs.  And because I live down the street from a high school, I have a no parking sign on one side as well.

thspfc

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on September 04, 2020, 01:12:55 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 03, 2020, 10:29:06 PM
Yes:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151828809@N08/0wNHik
Not exactly what I was asking about, but still very cool. I hope to start a shield collection one day.

I got what your intent was on the original post before you edited it but I thought it would be cool to sneak that in anyway.  I did have a stop sign and a yellow turn sign in my front yard in a Scottsdale but nothing active currently. 

STLmapboy

Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

kphoger

Quote from: SEWIGuy on September 04, 2020, 11:56:46 AM
I live on a uncontrolled intersection.

Quote from: STLmapboy on September 04, 2020, 01:19:49 PM
I live at a corner so I have a stop sign

The one does not necessarily follow the other.  See above.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

STLmapboy

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2020, 01:33:12 PM

An urban corner, so yes it's controlled.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

kphoger

Quote from: STLmapboy on September 04, 2020, 02:00:29 PM

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2020, 01:33:12 PM

An urban corner, so yes it's controlled.

Still doesn't necessarily follow.  For example, are the examples below 'urban' enough for you?

Chicago #1 (United Center visible)
Chicago #2 (Sears Tower visible)
Chicago #3
Chicago #4
Male pronouns, please.

JoePCool14

Yes. We live on a corner, so we have a stop sign (blades are kitty-corner to us) and speed limit sign plus "end school zone" sign. There's also a newer parking restriction sign across from us for school pickup. Finally, there's a school crossing ahead sign with a handheld calling only "Cell Phone Use Prohibited" sign below that across from our driveway.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

SectorZ

https://goo.gl/maps/3nUdcezpeJEJ2sf28

Not my current home in Tewksbury MA, but my first from birth to 1987. The speed limit sign was not there when I was a kid, but went in at some point during that time.

JoePCool14

Quote from: kphoger on September 04, 2020, 03:28:09 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on September 04, 2020, 03:09:40 PM
a handheld calling only sign

What's that?

I completely borked that up. I meant to say "Cell Phone Use Prohibited" sign for the school zone.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

formulanone

I have a genuine yield sign and street blades on my property.

US71

Nothing in my yard (how do I explain it to the landlord?) , but the bulk of my collection is in my apartment with a few spares in storage.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

DandyDan

The small apartment complex I live at has a traffic signal at its northwest corner which I can see from my bedroom window.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

SEWIGuy

I live on a uncontrolled intersection.  So I have street signs.  And because I live down the street from a high school, I have a no parking sign on one side as well.

A correction.  When I mowed the lawn yesterday, I realized it is actually a two hour parking sign. 

tchafe1978

There is a stop sign on the corner in my yard. It's been knocked down a couple times, not by errant drivers, but by the snowplow.

mrsman

There is a bump sign adjacent to my property, to warn of an upcoming speed bump.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.