Meta > Suggestions and Questions

New post quality restrictions

<< < (20/21) > >>

1:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on August 05, 2021, 08:51:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on August 05, 2021, 04:41:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2021, 02:42:51 PM ---(Apparently, HB, you and I both should have already known about it.  We must have poor memories.)

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21384.msg2269433#msg2269433

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't remember the word or phrase that got switched to that, but I also regard that term as more of a landing between levels, such as a terrace or a wide spot in a staircase.in

Addendum: I have basically only heard the term "mezzanine" in references to levels at sports stadiums, synonymous with "concourse."

--- End quote ---

The word was "assclown," if I recall correctly.

--- End quote ---

It was actually a two-word phrase.

Roadgeekteen:
I'm pleasantly surprised that the mods haven't locked this thread yet.

1995hoo:

--- Quote from: 1 on August 05, 2021, 08:52:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1995hoo on August 05, 2021, 08:51:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on August 05, 2021, 04:41:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2021, 02:42:51 PM ---(Apparently, HB, you and I both should have already known about it.  We must have poor memories.)

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=21384.msg2269433#msg2269433

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't remember the word or phrase that got switched to that, but I also regard that term as more of a landing between levels, such as a terrace or a wide spot in a staircase.in

Addendum: I have basically only heard the term "mezzanine" in references to levels at sports stadiums, synonymous with "concourse."

--- End quote ---

The word was "assclown," if I recall correctly.

--- End quote ---

It was actually a two-word phrase.

--- End quote ---

You’re right. I forgot that he preceded the word I used with "racist." Easy enough to find such posts if you search the forum for posts containing "racist" on which he is the author.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on August 05, 2021, 08:57:15 PM ---You’re right. I forgot that he preceded the word I used with "racist." Easy enough to find such posts if you search the forum for posts containing "racist" on which he is the author.

--- End quote ---

The way I found out (again) was by searching for that very two-word phrase.

A bunch of results popped up, yet mysteriously none of the posts actually contained the phrase.   :hmmm:

And, actually, the plural somehow slipped through the filter.  (Interestingly and perhaps ironically, |NE2|'s spelling error in that same post ended up referencing a historical figure who was actually and veritably racist.)

1:

--- Quote from: kphoger on August 05, 2021, 09:02:16 PM ---(Interestingly and perhaps ironically, |NE2|'s spelling error in that same post ended up referencing a historical figure who was actually and veritably racist.)

--- End quote ---

I'm seeing as entirely intentional. He's making fun of a spelling error made earlier in the same thread by someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version