News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's So Hard About Widening 95 in Fairfield County?

Started by kernals12, September 01, 2021, 01:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kernals12

Former Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy once quipped that Fairfield County has two highways "One's a museum, the other's a parking lot"

I-95 is probably Connecticut's biggest highway deficiency, it only has 6 lanes when it's crying for 8. The most common reason given for not widening it is ROW acquisition would be be very expensive on Connecticut's Gold Coast. But a few years ago, ConnDOT produced this diagram showing the state's ROW holding

That looks like easily enough for 8 lanes, in fact it looks like they could go full NJ Turnpike and have 12 lanes in a 3-3-3-3 configuration.

Is there some requirement for excess ROW for noise abatement? Help me out here.

SectorZ

You've already had multiple people explain this to you on the Connecticut thread. I don't know what more you want from people, outside of finding someone to validate your opinions.

kernals12

Quote from: SectorZ on September 01, 2021, 01:33:30 PM
You've already had multiple people explain this to you on the Connecticut thread. I don't know what more you want from people, outside of finding someone to validate your opinions.

I didn't really get a clear answer. I don't know why they need that much space for signs

jeffandnicole

Quote from: kernals12 on September 01, 2021, 04:31:43 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on September 01, 2021, 01:33:30 PM

I didn't really get a clear answer. I don't know why they need that much space for signs

I thought you got an exact passage why ROW is needed in the responses.  Then it changed to the cost of the peoject,  which like it or not, is going to be pricier in the northeast than it will be in the desert. For numerous reasons.

Alps

Yes this has already been discussed.  No need to rehash just because you don't like the answer.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.