News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

TV Series where a star in the show performs the Theme

Started by roadman65, July 11, 2022, 12:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

A thread of the various TV shows where a star of the series sings the Theme Song

The Fall Guy- Starring Lee Majors who Sings The Unknown Stuntman Opener.
Walker Texas Ranger- Starring Theme Vocalist Chuck Norris
Alice- Sung By Lead Actress of the Show Linda Lavin
Eight Is Enough (Third to Last Seasons)- Perdormed by the Show's star Grant Goodeve

I know there are plenty more.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Don't several of the Ninja Turtles voice actors say background lyrics in the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon theme song?

An easier one to identify is Will Smith singing the them to The Fresh Price of Bel-Air.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Henry

In the original opening of The Drew Carey Show, the title actor covers Moon Over Parma, with Cleveland replacing Eastlake.

Kelsey Grammer sings the closing theme to Frasier.

For Two and a Half Men, it may look like the three main stars (Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryer and Angus T. Jones) were singing the theme, but Chuck Lorre said in an interview that they were just lip-syncing. This was definitely true in the Ashton Kutcher era.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

wanderer2575

Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert, Green Acres

Jean Stapleton and Carroll O'Connor, All in the Family

Waylon Jennings, The Dukes of Hazzard (he didn't appear onscreen, but he was the narrator)

I think the actors playing the Brady kids in The Brady Bunch sang the theme, but not absolutely sure about that

ethanhopkin14

74/171FAN

I think for Disney Channel and Nickelodeon that it is easier to list the shows that this is not the case such as "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and its follow-up "The Suite Life on Deck".
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 11, 2022, 01:13:38 PM
Family Guy

This goes for most of MacFarlane's animated empire, including American Dad and The Cleveland Show.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

skluth

1995hoo

For the first Dukes of Hazzard reunion special, instead of the classic theme song by Waylon Jennings they used a new song performed by the actors who played Bo and Luke.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

vegas1962

Reba McEntire performed "I'm a Survivor," used as the theme to her sitcom "Reba."

Patti Lupone and the cast sang "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" for the theme to the ABC sitcom "Life Goes On."

Nell Carter did the theme to her sitcom "Gimme a Break."

CtrlAltDel

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

davewiecking

ethanhopkin14

abefroman329

Quote from: wanderer2575 on July 11, 2022, 01:10:33 PMI think the actors playing the Brady kids in The Brady Bunch sang the theme, but not absolutely sure about that
Not for the first season or two.

D-Dey65

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 11, 2022, 01:43:48 PM
I think for Disney Channel and Nickelodeon that it is easier to list the shows that this is not the case such as "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and its follow-up "The Suite Life on Deck".
True. However, "Shake It Up!" had Selena Gomez performing the theme, and she wasn't on the show, and "Andi Mack," had Sabrina Carpenter performing the theme song, but she wasn't on that show either.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.