Regional Boards > Northeast

PA Turnpike News

<< < (552/560) > >>

storm2k:
Any idea why they've left some of the manual toll lanes open at the Mid-County interchange when they already have ORT lanes built there? Seems like they should just close access to the manual lanes and let all the traffic flow thru the existing ORT lanes and be done with it.

Flyer78:
They were all closed for a period of time when the ORT lanes were re-striped to one lane from I-276, and the other for southbound I-476 traffic... I'm guessing it caused too much of a backup, as the striping was reverted (and signage updated again). The old entry lanes are also still in use, guessing again for excess throughput.

MASTERNC:

--- Quote from: Flyer78 on February 28, 2022, 08:36:44 AM ---They were all closed for a period of time when the ORT lanes were re-striped to one lane from I-276, and the other for southbound I-476 traffic... I'm guessing it caused too much of a backup, as the striping was reverted (and signage updated again). The old entry lanes are also still in use, guessing again for excess throughput.

--- End quote ---

I think this was the issue.  The old setup had four lanes going into the tolls, so cutting that in half was not good for traffic flow.  I would hope the ORT project would demolish the inside toll booths and expand the gantries to cover 3-4 lanes.

Crown Victoria:

--- Quote from: MASTERNC on January 25, 2022, 12:21:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: MASTERNC on January 11, 2022, 07:51:28 PM ---Looks like the Turnpike is going to open bids for cashless tolling gantries on the NE Extension between the Lehigh Tunnel and just south of Lansdale.  No other tolling projects are listed yet, so this would not include the mainline Turnpike in the Philly area yet.

--- End quote ---

Now there is a bid advertisement for gantries on the Mainline turnpike between Reading (US 222) and Mid-County (but not east of there, strangely)

--- End quote ---

There is a bid advertised now for Norristown-Bensalem. Anything east of there is effectively already ORT (the Neshaminy toll booths will need to be eliminated, but there are ORT lanes there already).

With this, there are projects underway for ORT gantries from Reading eastward on the mainline, and from Mid-County to Mahoning Valley on the NE Extension.

MASTERNC:
Looks like bids are out for the next reconstruction project between MM 126 and 130 (east of the Allegheny Tunnel).  I know they already put in drain boxes to the right of the EB roadway (likely for a new alignment).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version