Regional Boards > Northeast

PA Turnpike News

<< < (553/560) > >>

ARMOURERERIC:
When do you think work will commenced.  I was just last night reading the 2022 capital plan.  Noted the no substantial work  between  Irwin and Oakmont.  But a ramp up of 276/95 phase 2 which seems to be budgeted in 2 parts, also see the ramp up of the Allegheny tunnel and Scranton beltway.  But I could not find any line items for the Mon Fayette work that is supposed to start in June.

MASTERNC:

--- Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on March 16, 2022, 03:25:59 PM ---When do you think work will commenced.  I was just last night reading the 2022 capital plan.  Noted the no substantial work  between  Irwin and Oakmont.  But a ramp up of 276/95 phase 2 which seems to be budgeted in 2 parts, also see the ramp up of the Allegheny tunnel and Scranton beltway.  But I could not find any line items for the Mon Fayette work that is supposed to start in June.

--- End quote ---

The project website says construction will start this year, though the segment cited is longer than the bid details.

BTW, that Capital Plan is already outdated.  Note they do not have the MP 324-326 widening that began recently (the plan shows barely any expenditures).

Crown Victoria:

--- Quote from: MASTERNC on March 16, 2022, 03:28:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on March 16, 2022, 03:25:59 PM ---When do you think work will commenced.  I was just last night reading the 2022 capital plan.  Noted the no substantial work  between  Irwin and Oakmont.  But a ramp up of 276/95 phase 2 which seems to be budgeted in 2 parts, also see the ramp up of the Allegheny tunnel and Scranton beltway.  But I could not find any line items for the Mon Fayette work that is supposed to start in June.

--- End quote ---

The project website says construction will start this year, though the segment cited is longer than the bid details.

BTW, that Capital Plan is already outdated.  Note they do not have the MP 324-326 widening that began recently (the plan shows barely any expenditures).

--- End quote ---

MP 130-134 will follow the MP 126-130 project. It's all listed as one in the Capital Plan. This also means that the church steps will disappear forever later this year.

Also, I noticed that the Beaver Valley Bridge replacement is posted for "constructability review". Such also occurred for the MP 126-130 project a few months back which leads me to believe that the Beaver River Bridge will go to bid later this year.

The Mon-Fayette and Southern Beltway projects are not listed in the Capital Plan as they are funded from portions of gas tax and registration fee revenues dedicated to the PTC for the purpose of building those roads and not from toll revenue which funds the Capital Plan.

ARMOURERERIC:
Is there another bid listing site that would show Mon Fayette bid activity?

Crown Victoria:

--- Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on March 17, 2022, 09:12:06 AM ---Is there another bid listing site that would show Mon Fayette bid activity?

--- End quote ---

No, bids for Mon-Fayette and Southern Beltway projects will still show up on the PTC's bid portal.

If you're looking for something like the Capital Plan for the Mon-Fayette Expressway and Southern Beltway, I'm not sure where that is, if it's on the PTC's site at all. We're pretty much reliant on what's listed on the project pages listed under Design & Construction on the PTC's site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version