News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Help with uploading MS Paint picture on forum

Started by NYYPhil777, July 31, 2012, 04:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYYPhil777

For example, I just made a sign using Kurumi SignMaker and I want to post it on this forum. Unfortunately I am not able to upload the link on my posts. How can I do this?

Happy Roadgeeking,
NYYPhil777  ;-)
(from Blazing Saddles)
Jim: Where you headed, cowboy?
Bart: Nowhere special.
Jim: Nowhere special? I always wanted to go there.
Bart: Come on.

-NYYPhil777

DaBigE

Any pictures you want to post must be hosted on some other website (e.g., Photobucket, Picasa, Flickr, Fotki, etc.), then linked to these forums. Other than your avatar, you cannot directly upload any images to the AARoads forums.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

NYYPhil777

Thanks for the help!  ;-)

Happy Roadgeeking,
NYYPhil777 ;-)

(from Blazing Saddles)
Jim: Where you headed, cowboy?
Bart: Nowhere special.
Jim: Nowhere special? I always wanted to go there.
Bart: Come on.

-NYYPhil777

bugo

It would be best to save it as a .jpg instead of a .bmp because .jpgs are smaller.

Scott5114

Quote from: bugo on July 31, 2012, 05:29:12 PM
It would be best to save it as a .jpg instead of a .bmp because .jpgs are smaller.

Even better, use PNG. PNG images are smaller than BMPs but much better in quality than JPGs.

imgur is a quick and simple to use image host and doesn't require account registration.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Dr Frankenstein

Scott5114 is right, .PNG is more suitable for illustrations like the ones done with MS Paint. JPEG is generally better for photos because its compression algorithm is designed for that.

Either way, MS Paint's handling of JPEG compression is terrible, so just don't use it for that.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.