News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Appropriate forums

Started by ZLoth, December 30, 2013, 11:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

What would be the appropriate forums for discussing:

• States DMV
  • Driving-related issues NOT related to roads
  • New driving laws
As far as I can determine, that's Off-Topic which I find strange for a Roads forum.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

hotdogPi

"New driving laws" probably goes in Traffic Control.

If it's borderline, it probably won't be moved.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

hbelkins

Quote from: ZLoth on December 30, 2013, 11:43:47 AM
  • Driving-related issues NOT related to roads
I'd be interested to hear the story relating to that one!

Quote from: ZLoth on December 30, 2013, 11:43:47 AM
What would be the appropriate forums for discussing:

• States DMV
  • New driving laws
As far as I can determine, that's Off-Topic which I find strange for a Roads forum.

If I started the threads, I'd probably put them in the appropriate state category.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

Quote from: hbelkins on December 30, 2013, 12:22:47 PM
I'd be interested to hear the story relating to that one!

Because race car?  :-D
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

This is a roads forum, not a driving forum. Part of the distinction dates back to Usenet, where MTR tried to stay far away from the crazies at RAD (rec.autos.driving). Driving topics just invite all sorts of craziness. There is a very small but nonzero crossover in our community and RAD, always has been. If it's not related to the roads themselves, it does in fact go in OT. If we have enough driving topics, we could consider a sub-board to OT, but I don't think we have that many, nor do we want/need that many.

corco

Oh come on, are you saying you dont enjoy long circular rants that turn into heated non winnable arguments about how every other driver is terrible but you are the greek god of driving?

Alps

Quote from: corco on December 30, 2013, 06:36:14 PM
Oh come on, are you saying you dont enjoy long circular rants that turn into heated non winnable arguments about how every other driver is terrible but you are the greek god of driving?
I am the Ares of the road.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Steve on December 30, 2013, 06:43:57 PM
Quote from: corco on December 30, 2013, 06:36:14 PM
I am the Ares of the road.
Don't you mean Aries of the road? 

:) Couldn't resist.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

agentsteel53

there are no appropriate forums.  everything eventually degenerates into Alanland.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.