News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

WSDOT I-405 HOT Striping

Started by KEK Inc., September 27, 2015, 12:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

I find driving by yourself into the city when there's a viable public transit option to be extremely selfish and should not be the first priority for our region. This does not necessarily mean punishment, but more of paying your fair share in either money or time.

Also, these HOT lanes are horrible for buses. I rode ST Express route 535 (Bellevue-Lynnwood) and it meandered all around the general purpose lanes in traffic while the express toll lanes were free-flowing, but off-limits. WSDOT should have thrown in a few upgraded flyer stops (similar to the ones they gifted to Medina and Yarrow Point on SR 520) so that the buses could stay in the HOT lanes from Bellevue to Bothell at the very least.

There's a reason WSDOT is letting buses use the shoulder instead, as a consolation prize for being excluded from the discussion over these lanes.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.