News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Rejected License Plates

Started by Max Rockatansky, March 29, 2019, 10:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: catch22 on July 23, 2021, 08:43:53 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on July 23, 2021, 09:45:36 AM
Quote from: kphoger on July 23, 2021, 09:01:15 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on July 22, 2021, 07:05:29 PM
I imagine some states, perhaps in the Bible Belt, would have an aversion to issuing 666?

I'm guessing the tag office would have no problem issuing them, but they might be hard pressed to find a driver who actually wants to accept them.

I've heard stories about people not wanting to accept a plate with 666 on it. Responses in the issuing agencies' office range from accommodating their request, to saying "we have to issue them in numerical order" so the customer has to wait until someone who doesn't mind the number accepts that plate, and then they can get one.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me. Of course, I work in a town where the only local prefix for years was 666. I've gotten a few comments over the years when I've given people the number here.

Early in my telephone career, I was a telephone installer for the local Bell.  One of the cities I worked in had 666 as one of their prefixes.  Over a 3 year period, I had a handful of people refuse new service because they had been assigned a 666 number and we then had to do an expedited change order to get them a number in one of the other prefixes, which caused a one or two day delay in getting them service.

666 was and probably still is a prefix for lafayette (or is it lyons?) colo...
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

hbelkins

The prefix for my office phone number is 666.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.