Roosevelt Franklin and Herbert Birdsfoot

Started by bandit957, May 16, 2019, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Roosevelt Franklin and Herbert Birdsfoot are two long-lost Muppet characters on 'Sesame Street' from the 1970s. I remember Roosevelt Franklin quite well, but I only very vaguely remember Herbert Birdsfoot.

Did anyone else always get Roosevelt Franklin confused with Franklin Roosevelt? Did anyone else always get Herbert Birdsfoot confused with Herbert Hoover?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

jon daly

I was watching that show at that time and I have no recollection of those characters. Sorry.

Rothman

I remember Roosevelt, but not the other guy.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: bandit957 on May 16, 2019, 08:55:34 PM
Roosevelt Franklin and Herbert Birdsfoot are two long-lost Muppet characters on 'Sesame Street' from the 1970s. I remember Roosevelt Franklin quite well, but I only very vaguely remember Herbert Birdsfoot.

Did anyone else always get Roosevelt Franklin confused with Franklin Roosevelt? Did anyone else always get Herbert Birdsfoot confused with Herbert Hoover?

Find some photos of the two, well at least of the "birdsfoot," and try again.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Big John

cjk374

I remember seeing both....but I know I saw Roosevelt much more often.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

1995hoo

I recall there was a school and Roosevelt Franklin was one of the students. Smart Tina was another. I recall her best for singing the line "Ten wind-up rabbits" in the Sesame Street version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" (other lines: "One delicious cookie," "Six rubber duckies," "Seven rusty trashcans," etc.). Their classmate Hardhead Henry Harris sang the line "Two baby frogs (what kind of jive present is THAT, man?!)."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

GaryV

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.