News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Has Arkansas changed it's contrast lane line standards?

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, February 16, 2018, 11:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Either ArDOT when striping Fort Smith's section of I-49 was lazy in not laying down the usual 3M Contrast Lane Lines or they opted for a border style or it's just a shitty job striping.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 16, 2018, 11:47:07 AM
Either ArDOT when striping Fort Smith's section of I-49 was lazy in not laying down the usual 3M Contrast Lane Lines or they opted for a border style or it's just a shitty job striping.

I read a few months ago, there were opting to a wider lane line. Also improving exit ramps to prevent wrong way drivers causing accidents

Of course, doing a shitty job is also possible. ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

capt.ron

Quote from: US71 on February 16, 2018, 02:47:17 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on February 16, 2018, 11:47:07 AM

I read a few months ago, there were opting to a wider lane line. Also improving exit ramps to prevent wrong way drivers causing accidents

Of course, doing a shitty job is also possible.

IMHO, the lane stripe is wide enough. Some other states need to widen theirs (Georgia & California).

fixed quoting

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.