News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

U.S. 301 toll road project in Delaware

Started by Alex, March 22, 2009, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beltway

Quote from: ixnay on March 07, 2019, 08:18:49 AM
Quote from: Beltway on March 07, 2019, 12:43:26 AM
Quote from: Alps on March 06, 2019, 10:58:01 PM
Quote from: Beltway on March 06, 2019, 10:34:13 PM
I am familiar with the area.  AADT about 11,500 on US-301 and 10% large truck volume.  If all those trucks diverted to the local road there would be problems, based on the width of the road as well as the pavement design; well I can't see below the surface but it looks like a lightly built secondary road.
Source?
I said I can't see below the surface of the pavement. 
I suppose I could go out there and take a core sample?
Alps was asking for the source of your AADT stat, Beltway.

It wasn't clear which item he was asking for the source of.   AADT comes from MSHA.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

PHLBOS

Quote from: sprjus4 on March 06, 2019, 05:12:57 PMthe $3 toll crossing the state line needs to be placed north of Exit 2 (the first exit in Delaware), and allow traffic to exit into town for free.
That AET mainline toll rate for cars is actually $4 E-ZPass/$5.60 Toll-By-Plate.  That $3 you're posting is actually the difference (for E-ZPass rates) for southbound traffic staying on US 301 vs. taking Exit 2.

Personally, I'd place the mainline AET gantry within Exit 2.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PMAlps have you been in Delaware in the last 5 years?
Actually at the earliest, he attended the Delaware Road Meet - 12/16/17 just over a year ago.  A sizable portion of the meet included checking out the then-still-under construction US 301 tollway... including the DE 299/Exit 2 overpass.  Based on your profile, you joined this forum several months prior to that meet; I'm surprised you didn't either attend or at least chime in in that thread.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PMWhy do you think Delaware is still a rural place? Between Wilmington & Middletown traffic & construction has boomed.
While Middletown has certainly seen some build-up/development; the immediate areas beyond are still open & rural.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PMI see many many many trucks on the road especially on 896,40,13,1 & I assume the 301, I haven't been on it yet. But old 301 used to be packed with trucks. I see traffic on the roads till about 12, compared to years ago when the roads would die down around 10-11.
The areas you're referring to are well north of the Middletown/Warwick, MD area.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AM
Quote from: Alex4897 on March 07, 2019, 12:33:38 AMIt isn't to the extent that you frequently complain about, and most certainly not at the south end of the US 301 project heading into rural Cecil and Kent Counties in MD.
We are talking about the Delaware side of the problem, do not put words in my mouth.
The US 301 toll issue south of the DE 299 interchange & the recent truck shunpiking on local roads in neighboring Warwick, MD have nothing to do with the traffic & development situations in either Newark or Wilmington.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AMI like to bring up concepts that are wild or should have, could have been built.
Such is fine... for the Fictional Highways section of this forum.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AMMaryland has nothing to do With Delaware, Middletown & "Rural Cecil & Kent Counties in MD"  are two EXTREMELY different places.
No offense but didn't you even read any of the previous pages & posts of this thread... including the news article links/quotes?  Yes, the new road in question is in Delaware but the (easily predictable) fallout from the mainline AET gantry just north of the DE-MD state-line and the trucks bypassing such has indeed impacted neighboring Warwick, MD.  So talking about the increased truck traffic in Warwick, MD even though the new road only touches the outskirts of the area in this thread is 100% fair game.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Tonytone

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 07, 2019, 11:18:33 AM
Quote from: sprjus4 on March 06, 2019, 05:12:57 PMthe $3 toll crossing the state line needs to be placed north of Exit 2 (the first exit in Delaware), and allow traffic to exit into town for free.
That AET mainline toll rate for cars is actually $4 E-ZPass/$5.60 Toll-By-Plate.  That $3 you're posting is actually the difference (for E-ZPass rates) for southbound traffic staying on US 301 vs. taking Exit 2.

Personally, I'd place the mainline AET gantry within Exit 2.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PMAlps have you been in Delaware in the last 5 years?
Actually at the earliest, he attended the Delaware Road Meet - 12/16/17 just over a year ago.  A sizable portion of the meet included checking out the then-still-under construction US 301 tollway... including the DE 299/Exit 2 overpass.  Based on your profile, you joined this forum several months prior to that meet; I'm surprised you didn't either attend or at least chime in in that thread.

I was still new to the forum, so I didnt really know how this worked. I was happy I found the forum, I didn't think anyone talked about stuff like this. That being said when another Delaware road meet is gonna happen, Ill surly join.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PMWhy do you think Delaware is still a rural place? Between Wilmington & Middletown traffic & construction has boomed.
While Middletown has certainly seen some build-up/development; the immediate areas beyond are still open & rural.

[/quote]
Yes & if you look at the New Castle County GIS Map. Alot of those rural spaces will be gone soon.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 06, 2019, 11:26:07 PMI see many many many trucks on the road especially on 896,40,13,1 & I assume the 301, I haven't been on it yet. But old 301 used to be packed with trucks. I see traffic on the roads till about 12, compared to years ago when the roads would die down around 10-11.
The areas you're referring to are well north of the Middletown/Warwick, MD area.

[/quote]
I brought this up because people seem to think Delaware doesn't get Truck Traffic. Especially the old 301 & new 301. That said, Middletown has truck traffic all night & all day.

Quote from: Alex4897 on March 07, 2019, 12:33:38 AMIt isn't to the extent that you frequently complain about, and most certainly not at the south end of the US 301 project heading into rural Cecil and Kent Counties in MD.
We are talking about the Delaware side of the problem, do not put words in my mouth.
The US 301 toll issue south of the DE 299 interchange & the recent truck shunpiking on local roads in neighboring Warwick, MD have nothing to do with the traffic & development situations in either Newark or Wilmington.

[/quote]
Same shit different areas, why did you not bring up the other things I talked about regarding the 301 & Ramp placements.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AMI like to bring up concepts that are wild or should have, could have been built.
Such is fine... for the Fictional Highways section of this forum.
[/quote]
Agreeable.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AMMaryland has nothing to do With Delaware, Middletown & "Rural Cecil & Kent Counties in MD"  are two EXTREMELY different places.
No offense but didn't you even read any of the previous pages & posts of this thread... including the news article links/quotes?  Yes, the new road in question is in Delaware but the (easily predictable) fallout from the mainline AET gantry just north of the DE-MD state-line and the trucks bypassing such has indeed impacted neighboring Warwick, MD.  So talking about the increased truck traffic in Warwick, MD even though the new road only touches the outskirts of the area in this thread is 100% fair game.

[/quote]

Ok I agree, but what is causing this? The fact that their is not a free ramp for people to get off of. Cause & effect. If they would have built the ramp or frontage road we wouldn't have this conversation.

Edit:I need to learn how to do quotes.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

PHLBOS

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: TonytoneI see many many many trucks on the road especially on 896,40,13,1 & I assume the 301, I haven't been on it yet. But old 301 used to be packed with trucks. I see traffic on the roads till about 12, compared to years ago when the roads would die down around 10-11.
I brought this up because people seem to think Delaware doesn't get Truck Traffic. Especially the old 301 & new 301. That said, Middletown has truck traffic all night & all day.
Having followed this particular thread for some time, I believe you might be misinterpreting those comments.  They're not saying that US 301 or Delaware, doesn't get any truck traffic at all; just a smaller percentage compared to the rest of the (US 301) corridor's overall traffic.  Nobody else is commenting regarding truck traffic along other Delaware highways because such isn't completely relevant to this thread.

Quote from: Alex4897 on March 07, 2019, 12:33:38 AM
Quote from: Tonytone
Quote from: PHLBOS on March 07, 2019, 11:18:33 AMIt isn't to the extent that you frequently complain about, and most certainly not at the south end of the US 301 project heading into rural Cecil and Kent Counties in MD.
Same shit different areas, why did you not bring up the other things I talked about regarding the 301 & Ramp placements.
Two things:
1. In the case of the I-95 tolls in Newark and the tolled sections of DE 1; there are alternate toll-free roadways that are authorized for truck usage.  Mainly because those expressways (I-95 & DE 1) were constructed to compliment not replace the older roadways.  Such a scenario no longer exists at US 301 at Middletown, DE/Warwick, MD border.

2. The subject of additional truck traffic in this thread was only focused on the nearby local roads near and south of the DE-MD state-line with respect to US 301.  The local roads in Warwick, MD didn't start seeing through-truck traffic until the recent opening the new US 301 tollway opening.  If one wants to have a discussion about truck traffic on other Delaware roadways; one can feel free to start a (new*) thread on such.   *Such a thread may already exist.

Quote from: Tonytone
Maryland has nothing to do With Delaware, Middletown & "Rural Cecil & Kent Counties in MD"  are two EXTREMELY different places.
Ok I agree, but what is causing this? The fact that their is not a free ramp for people to get off of.
Correct.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AMCause & effect. If they would have built the ramp or frontage road we wouldn't have this conversation.
Not only that, but this thread would only be half as long page & reply-wise.

Quote from: Tonytone on March 07, 2019, 12:45:07 AMEdit: I need to learn how to do quotes.
It takes a little practice.  Just get accustomed to doing a fair amount of copying & pasting the quote headers.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

PHLBOS

This past Saturday afternoon, I had an opportunity to drive on the new road; I went as far as Exit 2 (DE 299) and turned around.  General observations.

1.  Some of the dashed lane striping, which included a thin black border on each side, was already missing/obliterated along on some stretches.

2.  Insufficient advance signage along DE 1 southbound for US 301 exit.  Granted, there's still some construction work being done in the vicinity of the interchange itself (the US 301 exit ramp's still somewhat of a single-lane cattle-chute for a short distance); but one would think that there would be some advance signage north of the Roth Bridge.  The first BGS for US 301 isn't until one passes Exit 148 (TO US 13 S. St. Georges/LAST EXIT BEOFORE TOLL) and the new ramp is located just prior to the DE 1 mainline toll plaza.

3.  Traffic was very light; the total number of vehicles (including one truck) both down & back, I could count on one hand.  I'm sure such won't be the case as time progresses.  Such almost tempted me to cross the paved median (for police/emergency vehicles) located about 3/4 mile north of Exit 2 and bypass the round-trip $2 toll.  Given that I was in my black Crown Vic at the time; any unsuspecting passer-by from a distance might've thought "unmarked patrol car" in the median and not given it any thought.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Alex4897

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 25, 2019, 11:20:04 AM
2.  Insufficient advance signage along DE 1 southbound for US 301 exit.  Granted, there's still some construction work being done in the vicinity of the interchange itself (the US 301 exit ramp's still somewhat of a single-lane cattle-chute for a short distance); but one would think that there would be some advance signage north of the Roth Bridge.  The first BGS for US 301 isn't until one passes Exit 148 (TO US 13 S. St. Georges/LAST EXIT BEOFORE TOLL) and the new ramp is located just prior to the DE 1 mainline toll plaza.

I passed along DE 1 last week and they were doing foundation work in the median SB prior to the Roth Bridge for overhead signage. In the meantime I believe they have VMSs up in lieu of permanent signage.
👉😎👉

PHLBOS

Quote from: Alex4897 on March 25, 2019, 11:24:31 AM

I passed along DE 1 last week and they were doing foundation work in the median SB prior to the Roth Bridge for overhead signage. In the meantime I believe they have VMSs up in lieu of permanent signage.
I saw no VMS', specifically lit messages, until I was at/approaching until the actual interchange itself.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Beltway

bypass the round-trip $2 toll. 

How does that work ... a round-trip in 24 hours is billed $2?

(Robert Coté, 2002)

sprjus4

Quote from: Beltway on March 25, 2019, 11:36:16 AM

The toll on the roadway is $1 one-way, collected at the ramp toll collection points.

At the state line, an additional $3 is collected one-way.

PHLBOS

Quote from: sprjus4 on March 25, 2019, 11:37:53 AM
Quote from: Beltway on March 25, 2019, 11:36:16 AM
The toll on the roadway is $1 one-way, collected at the ramp toll collection points.
Correct.  All interchanges between DE 1 and the MD State Line have AET gantries at each southbound exit/northbound entrance ramps.  My (E-ZPass) toll was $1 upon exiting southbound (@ Exit 2) and another $1 for getting right back on US 301 northbound at the same interchange.

Quote from: sprjus4 on March 25, 2019, 11:37:53 AMAt the state line, an additional $3 is collected one-way.
Not quite correct.  The E-ZPass toll at the southern mainline gantry is $4 for E-ZPass.  Regardless of where one enters the highway; if one uses US 301 to MD, they're paying that higher toll. 

As mentioned way up-thread, this highway is not intended for short-travel between the interchanges.  The toll schedule make such cost-prohibitive.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

sprjus4

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 25, 2019, 01:13:58 PM
Not quite correct.  The E-ZPass toll at the southern mainline gantry is $4 for E-ZPass.  Regardless of where one enters the highway; if one uses US 301 to MD, they're paying that higher toll. 

As mentioned way up-thread, this highway is not intended for short-travel between the interchanges.  The toll schedule make such cost-prohibitive.
So essentially, for locals it's $1 one-way if you traverse between interchanges. For thru-traffic going from DE-1 straight to Maryland, it's $4 one-way. If you're going from DE-1 to Maryland, get off to stop for gas, food, etc. then get back on US 301, you now pay $5 one-way, because of the state-line toll, and the exit toll. Then, if you go from Maryland to Middletown, ride 2 miles of the 13 mile roadway, you pay the full $4, the same rate as someone going the entire 13 miles would. And even better - trucks cannot shunpike it. They're forced onto it, even if they are going into Middletown.

It seems so counterintuitive. Who designed the system? Per-mile tolling seems to be a better solution IMHO. The more pavement you drive on, the more you pay. The less you drive on, the less you pay. Simple. That would be 60 cents for the first 2 miles for traffic entering town, and the full $4 rate for those traversing the entire road.

PHLBOS

Quote from: sprjus4 on March 25, 2019, 02:55:38 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on March 25, 2019, 01:13:58 PM

So essentially, for locals it's $1 one-way if you traverse between interchanges.
Reply #396 reposted below:
Quote from: PHLBOS
Here's breakdown of the passenger vehicle (car) tolls (E-ZPass & Toll-By-Plate).  Note: the Wiki source contained a more direct one-page listing of the tolls whereas DelDOT's own website did not.

Exit/Interchange numbers added (in blue) to the below-quote where applicable:
Quote from: Wiki US 301 Delaware Write-UpThe road has a mainline toll gantry north of the Maryland border and ramp toll gantries on the southbound exits and northbound entrances at the DE 299, DE 71, and Jamison Corner Road interchanges.
The mainline toll gantry costs $4.00 using E-ZPass and $5.60 using toll-by-plate for passenger vehicles.

The ramp toll gantries cost $1.00 using E-ZPass and $1.40 using toll-by-plate for passenger vehicles at the DE 299 interchange (Exit 2),

$0.75 using E-ZPass and $1.05 using toll-by-plate for passenger vehicles at the DE 71 interchange (Exit 5),

and $0.50 using E-ZPass and $0.70 using toll-by-plate for passenger vehicles at the Jamison Corner Road interchange (Exit 9).
Your cited-$1 toll would only apply if one was using Exit 2 to leave or initially get on.  If southbounder got on at Exit 9 and got off at Exit 5, they'd pay $0.75.  Any northbounder would pay whatever toll that's charged at the interchange they entered.

For thru-traffic going from DE-1 straight to Maryland, it's $4 one-way. If you're going from DE-1 to Maryland, get off to stop for gas, food, etc. then get back on US 301, you now pay $5 one-way, because of the state-line toll, and the exit toll. Then, if you go from Maryland to Middletown, ride 2 miles of the 13 mile roadway, you pay the full $4, the same rate as someone going the entire 13 miles would.
Simple solution for such would be to either wait until one enters MD or don't get on the new US 301 until one makes that gas and/or food stop.  In DE, one can still access the old US 301 corridor before getting on the new US 301.  Depending on location, most of the former US 301 is either DE 896, 71 or 299.

And even better - trucks cannot shunpike it. They're forced onto it, even if they are going into Middletown.
The earlier-discussed truck toll issue is affects neighboring MD moreso than DE.  Mainly because the old/former US 301 still exists in DE north of Strawberry Lane in Middletown.  Local traffic will still utilize the old corridor even though its route number changed.

It seems so counterintuitive. Who designed the system? Per-mile tolling seems to be a better solution IMHO. The more pavement you drive on, the more you pay. The less you drive on, the less you pay. Simple. That would be 60 cents for the first 2 miles for traffic entering town, and the full $4 rate for those traversing the entire road.
You're preaching to the choir on that one.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

vdeane

Who designed the system?
Someone who wants to ensure that as much of the toll burden as possible is borne by people from out of state.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

ipeters61

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 25, 2019, 11:33:23 AM
Quote from: Alex4897 on March 25, 2019, 11:24:31 AM

I saw no VMS', specifically lit messages, until I was at/approaching until the actual interchange itself.
I was in the area today and noticed that the DE-1 SB VMS (north of the Roth Bridge) pointing traffic to US-301 is no longer there.  However, on US-13 south of the St. Georges Bridge, there's a set of (Clearview) signs waiting for installation, related to Exit 147 (US-301) and 148 (To US-13/South St. Georges).  All I could see was a gore sign for Exit 147 and some sign with an Exit 148 tab, but the rest were all facing away from the road, so I don't know what their purpose will be.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

ipeters61

Not to bump this thread, but I drove by that sign yard on US-13 by the St. Georges Bridge again today, and I discovered that there is a half sign in the pile that says "Annapolis - 2 Miles," which leads me to believe that a 2 Mile advance sign is planned to be put up for the exit.

Another interesting thing I saw was a sign with an Exit 10 tab.  I'm very curious as to what that will be referencing.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

TheOneKEA

I traveled through the southern terminus of the US 301 project recently and noticed that MDOT SHA has posted two sets of warning signs informing northbound travelers on US 301 that a toll road is approaching. However, there is no signage at the MD 299 intersection warning travelers that this is their last opportunity to exit US 301 north before entering Delaware, which seems like a puzzling omission - MDOT SHA posts such signage at I-95 Exit 109.

The frontage road along the northbound carriageway has had the temporary turnoffs from US 301 removed, so all of the shunpiking opportunities are available if long-distance travelers are willing to look for them.

Beltway

Quote from: TheOneKEA on April 27, 2019, 10:12:46 PM
I traveled through the southern terminus of the US 301 project recently and noticed that MDOT SHA has posted two sets of warning signs informing northbound travelers on US 301 that a toll road is approaching. However, there is no signage at the MD 299 intersection warning travelers that this is their last opportunity to exit US 301 north before entering Delaware, which seems like a puzzling omission - MDOT SHA posts such signage at I-95 Exit 109.

Because it is not Maryland's tollroad?

(Robert Coté, 2002)

vdeane

Quote from: Beltway on April 27, 2019, 10:24:52 PM

Neither is the Delaware Turnpike.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Beltway

Quote from: vdeane on April 27, 2019, 10:33:22 PM

I'm saying that maybe Maryland doesn't think it is their job to have to warn about tolls in Delaware, or how to avoid tolls in Delaware.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

sprjus4

Quote from: Beltway on April 27, 2019, 11:37:15 PM
Quote from: vdeane on April 27, 2019, 10:33:22 PM

I'm saying that maybe Maryland doesn't think it is their job to have to warn about tolls in Delaware, or how to avoid tolls in Delaware.
Maryland posts such signage on I-95 warning travelers at the last exit before the Delaware tolls. In that instance, they're warning about the tolls as you mentioned. Same thing with US-301.

1995hoo

Maryland only posted that sort of sign on I-95 fairly recently. For many years, there was no notice whatsoever that there was a toll up ahead after you crossed into Delaware. I don't think it's a huge shock their signage on US-301 may be following the same old pattern.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ixnay

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 28, 2019, 08:51:28 AM
Maryland only posted that sort of sign on I-95 fairly recently. For many years, there was no notice whatsoever that there was a toll up ahead after you crossed into Delaware. I don't think it's a huge shock their signage on US-301 may be following the same old pattern.

Per https://tinyurl.com/yxoaj3qv and https://tinyurl.com/yytl9rsu  in the summer of 2018 there weren't any toll warnings on the entrances to 95 from MD 279 coming out of Delaware or out of Elkton.

ixnay
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

MASTERNC

The frontage road along the northbound carriageway has had the temporary turnoffs from US 301 removed, so all of the shunpiking opportunities are available if long-distance travelers are willing to look for them.

Saw those same signs today.  The location of the signs (at 7 and 11 miles in advance) was kind of strange.

1995hoo

We drove the new US-301 in Delaware today on our way north. The signage remains as described above. I didn't get any pictures. In Maryland, there are two sets of two LGSs that have a yellow "NOTICE"  banner on the top, then a US-301 shield to the left of a yellow box with "TOLL ROAD"  in black text. Underneath that, it says "BEGINS"  and below that it gives the distance–11 miles on the first pair, 7 miles on the second. There are no other warning signs, no information about other routes, and no "Last Exit Before Toll"  or similar. There was still a bunch of work going on at the state line, but I couldn't tell what they were doing as my attention was focused more on the erratic driver ahead of us who couldn't seem to hold a straight line.

Nice new road to drive and it was a shame to get dumped into traffic on DE-1 when it ended!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kevinb1994

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 20, 2019, 05:50:00 PM
We drove the new US-301 in Delaware today on our way north. The signage remains as described above. I didn't get any pictures. In Maryland, there are two sets of two LGSs that have a yellow "NOTICE"  banner on the top, then a US-301 shield to the left of a yellow box with "TOLL ROAD"  in black text. Underneath that, it says "BEGINS"  and below that it gives the distance–11 miles on the first pair, 7 miles on the second. There are no other warning signs, no information about other routes, and no "Last Exit Before Toll"  or similar. There was still a bunch of work going on at the state line, but I couldn't tell what they were doing as my attention was focused more on the erratic driver ahead of us who couldn't seem to hold a straight line.

Nice new road to drive and it was a shame to get dumped into traffic on DE-1 when it ended!
This surely would be a pipe dream, but they need to connect US 301 with US 130 and really make it one continuous highway, if possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.