Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel

<< < (31/32) > >>

74/171FAN:

--- Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on August 29, 2023, 05:51:19 AM ---Are there any plans to reopen the rest area and store? It was a great place to stop.

--- End quote ---

The store/restaurant is gone forever.  I am unsure if the piers will reopen eventually.

Alps:

--- Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on August 29, 2023, 05:51:19 AM ---Are there any plans to reopen the rest area and store? It was a great place to stop.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 29, 2023, 06:13:07 AM ---The store/restaurant is gone forever.  I am unsure if the piers will reopen eventually.

--- End quote ---
I agree with both of the above.

froggie:
As I understand things, the plan is to reopen a fishing pier at the end of the project.  But as noted, the store/restaurant is permanently gone.  Including them would have been into the 9-digits in cost because of how much the south island would have to be expanded to make space.

Ted$8roadFan:

--- Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 29, 2023, 06:13:07 AM ---

--- End quote ---

The store/restaurant is gone forever.  I am unsure if the piers will reopen eventually.

--- End quote ---

Too bad. The CBBT is so unique that it deserves its own tourist gathering spot.

roadman65:
Is there room on one of the other three islands to build a new store and eatery?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version