News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Had to do it.

Started by zachary_amaryllis, May 30, 2023, 03:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

Monday, drove out to Sterling, because they've extended CO 14, which makes for (depending on how far they extended it) anywhere from 1/2 to 3-4 miles of new 14 that I haven't drove yet.

Combining that, with the trip back from Glenwood, and a few other 14-related trips, I've driven the whole road in like 6 days. Not a huge accomplishment or particularly long road, but its something to me. Also accidentally got 392 in one fell swoop.

I suppose the most important part, was that it was a fun ride, even if it was out in the middle of nowhere.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

JayhawkCO

It's definitely smooth sailing east of Briggsdale. I drove it on a weekday afternoon and maybe saw 30 cars that weren't semis.

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: JayhawkCO on May 30, 2023, 04:09:45 PM
It's definitely smooth sailing east of Briggsdale. I drove it on a weekday afternoon and maybe saw 30 cars that weren't semis.
It's almost easy, where I live, to forget there's a part, indeed a big part, of this state that isn't mountains. Mellow ride, gentle traffic - I passed two cars that were going a smidge slower than me, and had the occasional semi zoom by. Totally different vibe from driving in the mountains.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.