Meta > Suggestions and Questions

External login

<< < (2/6) > >>

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 26, 2023, 06:14:04 PM ---That sounds like something Digital Creator (whatever that is) would say.

--- End quote ---

I would assume it creates new digits. Like, I dunno, a 3 with a tilde over it. (It does the same thing to the number 3 that a tilde does to the letter N in Spanish.)

1:
Since when do opinions get purple text?

Scott5114:
Okay, fine, I'll write it the rest of it out, then.

Because Google and Facebook have shown little regard toward keeping user data safe and not sharing it with third-party commercial concerns, we will not be enabling external logins depending on their systems. One of the benefits of an independent website such as this is that our user data is not shared with the global advertising-industrial complex.

The other one was shorter and more punchy, though.

Hot Rod Hootenanny:

--- Quote from: 1 on June 26, 2023, 09:26:51 AM ---I am strongly opposed to this. This forum is currently completely independent from any of the big companies if you're logged in (and have three or more posts; otherwise you get ads).

--- End quote ---

Funny.
I've started getting ads (an ad) when I log in to the message board.

jeffandnicole:
I think we should all get key fobs that expire every 6 months for 2 factor authorization.  And change the password every 3 weeks.  And require retina scans.  And force a 36 box captcha quiz on us, asking to identify the boxes with droplets from a sneezing raccoon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version